the Rift

[OPEN] Maze of Hallways [SS Companion Drop]

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Rhoa

I belong anywhere but inbetween.

I do peak between the thick leaves but just quickly, as I can hear the two girls behind me. Without thinking, I stick my muzzle forward and receive a nose-full of leaves and small sticks. Snorting, I don't bother to pull back. Instead, I just shut my eyes and push forward until I feel my muzzle unburdened as it reaches the other side. Hazarding a glance, expecting fully to see a dragon, or a God, or ... like a lion or something, I look around.

There's nothing.

It looks exactly like the path I just came down, and the one before that. Pulling my head back with youthful disappointment, I quietly huff. This wasn't turning out like the fairytales that Mother told Ivezho and I before bed. For the first time, I realize that I have no idea why I'm here at all. I followed the others in, only to find that they had to decided to follow me now. Didn't they know what they were doing?

My insecurity increases as I hear the bird-lady talking. She's saying that we were wrong. Does that entail that I was wrong too? I'm not sure. I'm not great at logic, but it seems like that might be what she's saying.

I look towards Tandavi and Faeanne, but my vibrant gaze quickly diverts to where I had stuck my head through the shrubbery. They were wrong too, I remind myself, thinking it will do no good to ask them where they think we should go next. Turning, I look forward - there are three choices again now that the bird-lady isn't blocking any of them.

Rather than seeing more paths, I see ... things.

On the left I see Mother and Father smiling. Mother looks like she's talking (probably trying to teach me something about manners), while Father looks stoic and strong. I can't hear what they're saying and they look sort of ... shimmery. Suddenly I think they aren't real.

Looking to the right I see Ivezho. He's flying! Without thinking I step towards the right unconsciously spreading my wings as if preparing to take off after him. As I go, my gaze falls upon the center path.

It isn't like the others at all.

It's dark.

Suddenly I freeze and feel cold. The darkness becomes light, but just for a moment, revealing blurred faces. I know this - I remember this. It's when I was first born. Before I had even said a word, before I even had a good look at Mother, or Father, or Ivezho ... when I was dying.

My wings fall as the bird-lady hops near. Her words surprise me, and I hasten a glance her way. Am I brave? I ... don't know. I don't know what being brave means yet. I know its something about facing your fears but.. .but ... I don't want to! I want to run to Mother! I don't want to die! I never want to feel the drowning silence of dying, and the way I couldn't breathe. I never want to feel squished and sapped of life before it even started.

I WANT TO LIVE.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" The scream sort of leaves my mouth, and suddenly I'm moving. My wings are still hanging loosely and sort of bounce against my flanks as my body takes me towards the center path. I scream louder as I stumble through, hitting my wings on the shrubs but not caring one bit.

I couldn't move then, but now I can run.
I couldn't speak then, but now I can scream.
I almost died then, but now I am alive.

Summary: Rhoa sticks his head through the foliage and is disappointed that there is nothing there. Deciding that Faeanne and Tandavi don't know what to do, he doesn't wait. Moving forward he see's:

(left - desire 1): His parents.
(center - nightmare): Almost dying at birth
(right - desire 2): His twin flying.

Screams and runs like a crazy person into the center.

WC:596
Wishlist: Link. Would like a Pheonix Zephyr.
No prior refusals.

TAG: @[Name] | # WC | Notes if needed.

FOXX

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maze of Hallways [SS Companion Drop] - by Rhoa - 10-12-2014, 11:03 PM