the Rift

[OPEN] I Don't Dance [Welcoming]

Rekshana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Rekshana
❝Hold on to your heart; never let nobody take it over, ever take it from you.❞

As the red sun died and evening fell upon the land, hues of orange, scarlet, and indigo intermingled, creating a wondrous evening twilight. Stars, glittering like diamonds, began to peek out as the last of soft daylight faded away. The temperature dropped rapidly; Rekshana could feel Frostfall's icy grip tugging at her flanks. No words escaped her lips, for she said nothing, replying only with a brisk nod of her dainty head.

Keeping up with Thor seemed to have become no problem with Rekshana's slender thoroughbred legs. Not even her aching body could deter her from trotting along after the lofty pegasus with the animation she'd acquired from their encounter. It was the galvanizing feeling rising within her bones, that of knowing she might belong to something, and maybe even feel like she had a family again-- after all, her kin had been torn to shreds by the unfortunate trails of life. Her father and sister had made their own lives (at least she hoped), maybe now it was Rekshana's turn to prove herself.

As they traveled west, the tobiano mare kept a short distance behind Thor; scanning the overlying area as it changed from frosted open grass to groves of trees, tall and majestic, but dormant in the wake of winter. The pair of them established an easy pace as they crossed through the remainder of the Treshold on their way to the Edge, daylight waning the closer they came to the forest. As Thor led, she fell into step slightly behind him. Her outlandish purple eyes studied the foreign stallion, taking into account his massive draft stature, almost floating across the ground with large strides. His small feathery wings, which she had never seen upon the shoulders of a horse, did not cease to fascinate her. Cold, miniature clouds of vapor formed as she breathed softly, briefly looking up, glancing to the emerging night sky; hoping that it might reveal some answers or guidance. The woman allowed silence to surround them as they trotted along, recollecting her thoughts. Though the time was only a few years past, it seemed her loneliness had lasted a lifetime, during which nearly everything had changed as she was condemned to wandering alone. Her current place was not one she could have ever imagined. When the world turned to ash and dust, Rekshana could not have fathomed where the future would take her.

It was only a matter of time before she spotted the crumbling glass wall, large holes littering its perimeter. It extended from the cliffs of the land around, meeting in the center. Faint light reflected through the cracks and one narrow slit perhaps two shoulder-lengths, which must have been the entrance. Mist swirled around the base of the great barrier. "What happened here?" She inquired, almost quizzically. She scanned the mouth of the wall, then shifted her gaze back to Thor, marveling twinkle in her violet eyes remaining in the molten orbs. A slight grimace lingered on her features while her voice faded away, dusk settling across the World's Edge as they stepped towards the opening gateway of glass. Congealing night shed darkness as threads of the sun hung low on the horizon, casting long shadows. The fiery glare was dotted out by the towering barrier the cradled their home on either side. Though it was shrouded in darkness, a tiny brand of overhead light traced the through the clouds, little more than a roaming silhouette. As time went on though, the little mare drew unwittingly closer and closer. She held her head high, her charcoal tail streaming behind her; any onlooker would think she was a creature with a purpose. But she wasn't, at least, not exactly. Rekshana was drifting, a gypsy soul, unable to anchor where her heart belonged.

She followed Thor to a great door in the lucid behemoth, replying placidly,"I'm honored to join the ranks of your brethren, the Edge.". Rekshana managed to carry herself with a certain stoicism that kept secret her many sentiments. Despite the inevitability of it all, apprehension rose within the damsel's chest. Comforting her childlike fervor, she took in the peace and tranquility that the foggy gloom brought. The remarkableness of everything around her placed a hurry within her step, eyes wide with wonder, ears perked forward and listening into the unknown just beyond. Each step took her farther into uncharted territory, moonbeams of light fighting to break through the cloud's canopy and announce the reincarnation of night. Though it was surely no more than a trick of her mind, Rekshana felt colder without the moon's embrace; without its pale glow. There was always a presence of mystery, of fear, that came with the darkness. Wherever she went loomed perhaps the most frightening creature of any: the unknown. It was this unease, mixed with wonder, that transformed her graceful traipsing into a stalk of near silently placed footfalls as she stepped through the glass aperture.
@[Thor]

Messages In This Thread
I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-08-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 10-12-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-13-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Rekshana - 10-15-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 10-20-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-21-2014, 01:42 AM