the Rift

[OPEN] Written on hearts
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia watched the mare suddenly deflate, as if someone had stuck a pin in her balloon. Even the hinge of her wings fell, letting the feathers fall in such a defeated way. She watched her press her lips to the shrine, wondering if she should show such remorse too, but she had nothing. Either the god would be here or he would not, and more often than not, the Sun God was elsewhere. So, she asked what Ampere had seen, her gaze resting heavily on the static friend. Her reply was disconcerting, and Ophelia's gaze shifted back to the sky - to the island, just overhead.

Worms attacking horses, a vision of a pegasus falling... All of these were too similar. Everyone was being shown the same vision, for some reason. This reason had to be important. Ampere blamed the island itself, but of that, Ophelia was unsure. She agreed that a beautiful place in the sky seemed far too good to be true, but the island itself could not kill anyone, surely... If it could, then that would be absolutely frightening.

"I saw something very similar," she replied. "I met another in the Deep Forest and lead her to the blood pool. Fish began to flop up from the water, dying from being on land, and then a dead, bloated vision of a pegasus emerged, and from her mouth flopped more fish. The vision disappeared, then it rained the dead fish. In the blink of an eye, it was all gone. It seems we are all seeing much the same thing..." she trailed, frowning.

"We are being told about a death, or a coming death." Or so Ophelia thought. What else could it be saying?

She said that they had to do something, and Ampere's words rang true. What could they do that the gods could not? The pale princess thought on this for a moment. Even though she held the gods in such high regards (with the exception of the god of time), she knew that regardless of their presence, bad things still happened. Perhaps the answer was simple not in their power to discover. "Well, there are more of us than there are of them," she said simply. "If the gods will not fight, I will. I was in the mountains when the wraiths attacked, but I heard of their ferocity and grotesqueness. Did you not have water to heal them though? Power against them?"

Ophelia looked heavenward, eying the sparkling stars above. "The gods would not leave us powerless. We simply have to be clever enough to take meaning from these visions and use it to our benefit." As always, the mare went to cleverness and intellect. She would not barrel her way into a situation, demanding answers and pummeling all beneath her to solve the riddle. Instead, she would think, gather information, assimilate, discuss and come to a reasonable choice of action.

Tinek spoke then, and she waited for Ampere's realization to sink in. She seemed unsettled by Tinek in a way, and Ophelia desired to peer into her mind to discover why. Still, she held herself back, deciding to wait until a better moment to figure out the inner workings of this familiar stranger. Ampere remembered, and she nodded, looking back to smile affectionately at Tinek. "I am sure he would enjoy being able to make shapes, but he has stopped growing recently. Though I have hope he will, the odds are not in his favor."

Tinek nodded understandingly and then watched as Ampere made butterflies from stone, watching them with large, red eyes as they flew around. His scaly lips turned into a smile, and he rested his head on Ophelia's shoulder as he peacefully observed the beauty before him, at peace.

"I could use the practice," Ophelia said grimly. Nearly dying when the crazed Gaucho attacked her had been a humbling experience. "So I would enjoy the opportunity."

"Just us. I am sure Tinek can take some time for himself," she said, winking slightly and then smiling down at the dragon. He huffed at her, a cloud of white frost whistling past his teeth. She chuckled at his display, amused. "He was enthralled with Mirage's gold dragon, but she has since disappeared," Ophelia said sadly. "I feel for him."

A lifeless face that you'll soon forget
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-09-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-16-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-23-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-24-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-27-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-02-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-06-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-09-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-10-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM