the Rift

[OPEN] Written on hearts
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia watched as Ampere retreated as if her words physically lashed at her body, but she stayed firm. Like marble, she stood, unyielding. A breeze from the heat rushed against her hair and her coat, but she did not bother to knock the forelock from in front of her eyes - they were trained on Ampere with deadly focus. As Ampere spoke, seemingly broken and full of sorrow, she listened. Her evidence was tainted by a vendetta. The fact that Tinek hurt when she hurt went both ways. The greatest flaw in her logic was that this bond was not one-sided.

"No." She replied to the sound of her voice that was almost like begging. But, she did not want to believe that creature as strong as Ampere could beg. "If he hurts, so do I. A bond is the transfer of anything universally in both directions." The chime-like tenor of her voice was slightly harder, not sure if Ampere would lash out again. She kept her hooves firmly planted against the stone headers.

"I fight so that I will not die and carry his soul with me," she growled in return. "I spar so that I will not hurt when others attack me. I've been nearly killed more times than I care to admit, and ever since I was nearly shoved off of a cliff by a racist moron, I know that I need to protect myself and Tinek better." Why did anyone spar? With the gain of skill, the pain of each hit hurt a little less. Her dodges would be a little faster.

"I never, ever force him to fight with me. He can watch if he wants to, but if he wants to practice too, for his own purposes, I will not stop him."

Still, she listened openly, taking in those words carefully. Perhaps some were like this. Certainly Gaucho and his Mara, though she had never met a peaceable snake before, even in the wild. They had a tendency to lash out at ignorant passersby. Then, there was Archibald and his Loretta who consistently seemed unhappy, especially with the non-wolf dogs were normally so kind hearted. Perhaps she was right in some ways, but each of those companions still made a choice - whether they were old enough to understand or not.

Ophelia had made choices as a child that affected her life forever. That was the way of the world. You had to live with what you chose. Was it fair? Yes. Absolutely. Natural consequences for your actions was the most fair, reasonable response.

Loyalty? Had she ever run a herd? She struggled not to sneer. The only loyalty any one had to the other was based on what they could gain. She had had her heart broken enough times to realize that there was no such thing as unconditional love, trust or loyalty. In every situation it came with stipulations: "I love if you do this..." Ophelia's eyes flashed, and she clenched her jaw.

"I concede that there are some who are influenced by the instability in their bond-mates. I have seen a few. However, I believe as has been the lore for ages, that the companion chooses their bonded while as an egg. Dragon eggs will not hatch and bond to those who are of pureblood unicorn. In some way, they know. Tinek has tried to explain it to me once, but he only feels a sense of right.

"But I agree that it is wrong to force a companion to fight. Tinek mostly watches unless he is curious about his own abilities. When we spar, I explained to him that any pain I feel will make me stronger. There are too many holes in your logic, Ampere. Companions have some choice. I cannot force him to do anything against his will. The bond goes both ways equally. But, I can concede that there are some who influence their companions negatively. However, that is not a blanket statement you can blindly apply to everyone you meet."

Ophelia frowned, the light in her eyes rather bitter. "If bonds like what you speak of existed, then I would agree that they would be far superior. But, loyalty in that sense of purity does not exist. Two, unbonded spirits of any kind will never stay. Either way, you could not believe them if they told you." You cannot believe them when they say that they love you. "Fantasy is not reality, but what I have with Tinek gives me hope. This is as close as we can get in this imperfect world."

"So keep on with your crusade if you must. But know that not all of us are the monsters you claim. If he had wanted to go with Akaith that day, I would have followed. I feel his influence equally. Right now, I feel his sadness - the mourning that he feels for you." She narrowed her gaze slightly. "I feel his wondering at why you are this way. I feel him asking: ' what happened to you to make you so hateful?'"

Ophelia shook her head. "I love Tinek in a way I have never and could never love another because he is wound around my heart and soul and I around his. There is nothing I would not do for him, and the same for me. I find it rather tragic you do not see the beauty in one of the few beautiful things this cruel world has to offer."

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-09-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-16-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-23-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-24-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-27-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-02-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-06-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-09-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-10-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM