the Rift

[OPEN] Written on hearts
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

The two mares battled with word and wit, back and forth with parries and blows of well formed words, explanations, logic and feeling. But this was not an argument that could be won - any victory at all would just by Pyrrhic. In order to win, Ophelia would have to sever her bond with Tinek and Ampere would have to bond with a companion of her own, and neither seemed willing to do anything of the sort. Phi, certainly, would never abandon Tinek to be alone.

She listened, watching as Ampere seemed to calm, the tumultuous emotion no longer ruling her thoughts and actions. As such, Phi relaxed slightly, one hoof still braced against a broken shrine. Listening and waiting for the dark one to speak, she nodded in agreement. Cruelty was another form of abuse - no relationship functioned well in that environment. "The words and actions of any cruel individual will taint whatever it touches. I can only imagine that being bonded to such would spread through a bond like a disease," she agreed.

The philosophy of the bond was continued by Ampere, and she raised a brow. "Not beneath, as equals," she corrected. "There is no inequality in a scale that is evenly balanced." She chuckled. "You could say the same about any you encounter, Ampere. Even now, have I not changed you? Have my words not influenced who you are? We are the products of our environments, shaped by our pasts which directly affect our futures." Certainly, bonds were on a much small and more efficient scale, but the logical progression was the same.

She raised a brow. "I was raised and born under the shadow of a lineage of warlords, a crimson streak of violence in my very blood," she replied firmly. "My twin sister and I fled our home to find safely here. What I discovered, I did so with her by my side and the plague of my family weighing firmly on my future. Yes, I was able to develop with my mind and heart alone, but I find it merciful that Tinek does not have to face those fears of being alone, misunderstood, and cast aside," she said softly. "I take pride in giving him the life I never had, of making decisions to abandon my post as lead in order to give peace. When you love someone, this is natural."

And she loved Tinek dearly. He was the only one who truly knew her heart. The silver dragon, sensing this surge of affection, rubbed his head lovingly against her neck, looking at the dark with with curiosity. Ophelia smiled, renewed.

She shook her head. "No, that is a beautiful and rare turn of events in a world full of pain, hatred and death. The choice to live. The choice to experience life without the ache of loneliness. I wish I were so lucky." Ophelia listened, letting out a heavy sigh and frowning.

"Freedom is a farce. We are slaves to life, death, birth, our family, and every experience in our short lives. The beauty is to overcome these experiences, build relationships, and make our finite and fleeting existence worth something," she replied. Ophelia wondered if Ampere fought against her own loneliness, raged against the ache inside to need another - to connect. Did she alienate herself out of the desire to never need anyone ever again? Had she been let down so obviously?

"Same to you, Ampere," she called, turning the words back on the pegasus as she flew away. Ophelia looked down at Tinek, smiling. Together, they moved north, a belonging pair.

"You aren't going to give me up, are you?"

"Tinek, I couldn't if I tried, and I would not want to."

"Good. I like my life."

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-09-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-16-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-23-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-24-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-27-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-02-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-06-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-09-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-10-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM