the Rift

make up the moves as I go

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
It was not uncommon for more than one herd to be vying for the attention of a newcomer in the Threshold, so when another stallion from a different herd showed up Evangeline was not surprised. Her ears tilted forward and she watched him as he approached and began spiel immediately offering her warmth and shelter. Her nostrils flared and she breathed in, detecting the faint scent of both the Basin and the Throat. Intuition had her leaning toward the stallion being from the Basin and she couldn't help but wonder what kind of warmth and shelter the Basin could possibly offer. It was frozen year-round and with Frostfall already sinking its claws into every region of Helovia it was only common sense that the Basin had only become colder and would continue to get colder. Thor's voice brought her out of her musing and she smiled. "I'm not the homebody that you seem to think I am, mighty Thor." Eva said in response to Thor's teasing.

Her head turned as the newcomer spoke, chastising the horned stallion for offering up a home so quickly then introducing herself. It was, perhaps, a bit rude the way the herds went about recruiting new members. It became routine and completely impersonal. Each herd tried to make itself out to be as attractive as possible to garner the attention of the newcomer without truly considering where that individual might want to live. She wondered how many horses were disappointed when they got to the herd they had chosen and found it to be nothing like what they thought and vice versa.

"What kind of landscapes do you prefer?" Evangeline asked after having waited for Thor to finish speaking. "Our own home, the World's Edge, is forest, while the Dragon's Throat is a desert oasis, and the Basin seems frozen in eternal winter." She would have liked to have spoken of the Hidden Falls to give the mare and idea of what the area looked like, but the last time she had been there it had been known as the Foothills. "Each land has its own unique beauty and individuals."

"."

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

Messages In This Thread
make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-10-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Sikeax - 10-10-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-10-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thranduil - 10-10-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-11-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-12-2014, 01:02 AM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-16-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thranduil - 10-18-2014, 02:53 AM