the Rift

make up the moves as I go

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Like the rocking of a ship at sea, my ears tilted to and fro as I listened to Thor first speak to Evangeline and then to me. Apparently, he came from some place called the World's Edge and it was one of four different herds. Then he went on about how his herd served to give him definition and purpose before pausing. In this pause however I noticed something. Thor, this pegasus from the World's Edge, didn't seem anywhere near as hurried as Thranduil did. He hadn't offered me a home, hadn't asked me to come with him, hadn't even tried to glorify his home much and deep down I secretly liked that. Quickly, I took a glance at Evangeline and Sikeax only to see them standing there patiently waiting. So with everybody waiting to give their own say as to what I should do or not do I stood and continued to listen.

I offer you a place in our family Astraea... That simple phrase caught me off guard. Family? I felt my facial expression change just slightly as I felt a wave of melancholy wash over me. I shifted my focus at the ground as an attempt to mask the emotions that were probably showing clear as day on my face.. They were willing to accept me into their family? Never in my life had I truly had a family. Sure I had the mare that had taken me in shortly after my birth, but she never really wanted me. She just felt obligated to help those in need. I never really found a family in all of my travels either. It was just me, myself and I. Though I've always yearned for a family. The concept of having others there to support you and all your endeavors – I've always wanted that. Always been jealous of that. Always been too cautious and just stood in the distance watching...alone.

Silently, I stood there and continued to listen as Evangeline began to speak to me. First she asked what kind of landscapes that I preferred. I thought for a little while but could only come up with any place as long as I could see the stars in the sky. The stars had really been the only constant thing in my life, and for that I considered them my friends – especially since I had markings similar to them. I snapped my mind back to Evangeline's speech as she began to describe the herd lands. World's Edge was a forest. Dragon's Throat a desert oasis. The Basin...pretty much a frozen winter wonderland like here. Guess it was time to already cross that place off. And.... I lifted my head up and looked at Evangeline after she was done, just a little bit confused. Thor had said there were four places, but Evangeline only listed off three. What was going on? Did Thor make a mistake, or did Evangeline forget to mention one? With the way the two had been so far, I couldn't imagine that they'd just leave things out and impair my judgment.

I looked to Sikeax after Evangeline was done, but it seemed as the mare from Dragon's Throat was just going to keep silent. Then Thranduil broke in. He had been quiet all this time, waiting patiently much like the others and now it was his turn. He began by stepping forward and then continued towards me as he talked. Except while he spoke he just kept getting closer, uncomfortably closer. My ears moved backwards as I began to tire of his antics. But I still kept eye contact with him, watching his every step until he touched his horn to a tree. A small gasp escaped my lungs and my eyes widened with surprise as the tree burst back to life in this wintry world. How did he do that? Was everybody in this land capable of doing such things? I stared at the marvelous feat that he did while he spoke again. This time however he spoke of the Basin, which I would guess was where he was from. He said something about how it was the larger of herds and how even though it was made of ice they had warmth too. Personally, I think I'd call bull on that. But despite what he did and said there seemed to be a growing feeling of distaste towards him within me. Maybe it was how he acted, the way he spoke, or how he seemed to think so much of himself.

Cocky, arrogant, brash, and hasty. All of these words came to mind as I thought about Thranduil. And even though I still stood here looking at the newly alive tree, his achievement only seemed to work against him. For the tree reminded me of my love of the woods, the forest. The change of color during the mild months. Their strong sturdiness all year round. The shade that they provided in the warmer months. How ancient they could be. I could only imagine the stories the trees could tell if one was able to speak with them.

It was then, that I think I finally understood where I was meant to go.

“It doesn't matter how large a herd is. Large or small each has their own unique quality about them,” I turned around to face Thranduil with my face as solemn as can be, “And whatever warmth you speak of here it seems to be ill-met on my end.”

With that I looked away from him and to Sikeax, who seemed more content remaining silent than inputting her own opinions, “And even though it is rather cold here and anywhere warmer sounds lovely, I don't think I'd be well equipped to handle the polar opposite of...this,” I motioned all around me at the snow that was piled around us.

Then I turned to Thor and Evangeline. Family...the word rang out within my mind as I looked at the two of them, “Thor. Evangeline,” I started trying out their names, “You offer something I've never truly had: a family. And I admire your ability to offer as such without pushing your home upon me,” I took a quick glance at Thranduil as I recalled his first approach. His offering to take me in with no explanations, no knowledge about me, and I no knowledge about him. Then I looked back at Thor and Evangeline.

“With this all being said, I would like to continue on my path with you both being a part of it along with everybody else to do with the World's Edge,” I looked up to them with a small smile as I said my decision. It was time for me to settle down and choose a place to finally live and the World's Edge seemed like it might be the place for my to try that.
"Speech"
word count;; 1149
muse;; pandora mix of film scores
tags;; Thor and Evangeline and Thranduil.
Astra's reff;; Click!
Astra's voice;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
ooc;; Astra chooses the Edge. Sorry to everybody else...except Thranduil...she just doesn't seem to like him xD.
character design © Evvers
posting format © Evvers
coding © Evvers

Messages In This Thread
make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-10-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Sikeax - 10-10-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-10-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thranduil - 10-10-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-11-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-12-2014, 01:02 AM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-16-2014, 10:27 PM