the Rift

[OPEN] Of course I can fly

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Flying is easy. I've seen Mother and Father do it. They just spread their wings and sort of... go. I'm not entirely sure about physics or aerodynamics, but what I do know is that the wind has something to do with it.

or.. Is it heat?

Well, it's definitely one of the two.

But I'll tell you a secret: I haven't actually tried yet. Now, I know what you're thinking. Is the wittle baby scared? and the answer is no, I am most certainly not scared. But you know who is? Mother. I think she thinks Ivezho and I will break, or maybe burn up. Certainly Ivezho looks like he will, and although I sort of do, we won't. We're tough like Father we just ... well, being born is hard. Ivezho can see pretty well now, and my breathing is ... don't look at me like that! It's fine. I'm fine. I'm only out here by myself because I don't want to worry anyone, that's all. We are princes, Ivezho and me. Err, I. I want to make Mother and Father proud. I'm sure I will fall a few times, so it's best that I do it out of the prying eyes of others.

What could possibly go wrong?

I inhale - it's shaky, but only because of my lung-thing, definitely not because I'm afraid. I wish there was more of a drop-off here - that's important for flying, right? The falling bit? Well, at least if I do fall, there is only sand below me. I realize I've been holding my breath, and I quickly let it out. My wings pulse with the fire that burns inside of me (just like Father).

I can definitely do this.

I wait until I feel a breeze - but it's chilly. Ugh! Frostfall! Well, maybe if I do fall I can blame it on the cold wind, not that I will fall. But you know... just in case I do.

Okay, okay. I can definitely do this. I'm doing it now.

Retreating a few steps, I pause. I'd better find out exactly where the edge is, so that I know where to jump. Trotting forwards, I draw a line in the sand with my hood, right where it starts to descend. Great. I'm definitely ready. Now I just need a breeze. Backing up again, I stand with my wings out at my sides.

Yep. All I need is a breeze and I'll totally do it ..

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Of course I can fly - by Rhoa - 10-10-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Of course I can fly - by Ivezho - 10-11-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: Of course I can fly - by Rhoa - 10-11-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: Of course I can fly - by Bucephalus - 10-12-2014, 08:10 PM