the Rift

[OPEN] Still Rock and Roll to me
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gaucho had left Sikeax and Serenity behind. He wanted to make them work, to see them sweat. They knew they were scheduled to patrol the island this day, although dawns light had scarcely kissed the sands before Gaucho had departed. The herd had become lazy. Many of them hadn't been around during the Invasions ... during the wraiths, the doppelgangers, or the darkness. For them, Helovia had always been a loving and safe place, and this new season brought with it no surprises. Albeit the air had become seasonably chilly, perhaps slightly brisker than normal, but that was nothing compared to the fear and peril that those older knew of.

Gaucho knew. His body showed the scars and brightly coloured markings that spoke of his duty and resilience. So if the two couldn't bother to drag themselves out of slumber to fulfill their duties, he would rather know if it now, rather than relying on them ignorantly later.

But it really wasn't as serious as all that. Part of his stealthy departure had been to see how fast they were. Surely both - shorter than he - ought to be quicker off the draw. His larger wingspan, while allowing him to glide farther and ultimately move faster, did not allow for speedy take-offs. Had they been caught snoozing, when they should have been prepping for a mornings flight, could they make up the distance? If they were fast enough, they just might be able to. The thought brought a smile to Gaucho's dark lips.

He wasn't surprised often, but he was always happy to be, when the surprise was strength that he didn't know others had.

Grunting, the WildFire beat his large wings thrusting his body higher into the clouds. His antlers glowed dimly with the strange markings inscribed there by the Sun God. He knew not what they said, but the importance and underlying declaration were obvious enough, even to a mind as simple as Gaucho's. Amidst the glowing symbols, Mara hissed. She wasn't a fan of the altitude or the air temperature. Both made her feel sluggish and tired. Her body coiled tightly as she mentally urged her bonded to fly faster.

@[Serenity] and @[Sikeax] if you want for our Seasonal Patrol.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Still Rock and Roll to me - by Gaucho - 10-10-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: Still Rock and Roll to me - by Sikeax - 10-11-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: Still Rock and Roll to me - by Serenity - 10-13-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Still Rock and Roll to me - by Gaucho - 10-16-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Still Rock and Roll to me - by Sikeax - 11-13-2014, 11:43 PM