the Rift

[OPEN] the light is unclear

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel watched as the fox creature's large ears perked up and then snapped back. A worried snort fluttered past her nostrils as she stepped forward, concerned that it had somehow gotten hurt. She leaned over, craning her pale neck as she hopes it is okay. But, she soon realizes that this must all be some sort of distraction, for the single, resounding word shatters any hope she had of finding her mother. No.

No.

No.

Nothing. She was motherless, unwanted, and perhaps even a little relieved. Not knowing meant she could continue through life, blessedly naive to any strange who might have laid her egg and left her to die in the middle of the godforsaken desert. Now instead of knowing who she would have to hate for the rest of life, she would just be suspicious at every passing face. Honestly, she didn't know which was worse. Trying and failing was one thing, but leaving her there...

Tears welled in her eyes again and she cleared her throat, nodding once. Blessings and curses followed her around. As far as she was concerned, the mare who birthed her was not her mother and seconds chances were for fools. Second chances were just opportunities to show your true colors, colors she was already painfully aware of. Snow fell upon her warm body, melting into her hide, but she was too lost in her thoughts to care.

"Okay," she muttered, unable to hide the pleasure in that word at not knowing. Then, her lips fell against she stared at the fox.

The sun beam's words hit her ears again, and she was suddenly filled with a cold rage. Silver eyes snapped up to meet hers and on instinct, no other thought except red-hot power, she barked: "That's not home". Immediately once her cruel words were spoken, she regretted saying it at all. Aithniel grimaced and looked back down at her hooves. She shuffled one in embarrassment in the snow.

"I have friends in the Basin," she said honestly. "We are trying to catch a killer, and... and well... I care about them. The God of the Sun told me that I had to find whoever it was and Erebos and Adelric are helping me." She couldn't leave them now. They had worked too hard together. Aithniel looked back up again. "Maybe... I will come visit... after all of this is over?" She had a responsibility now.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
the light is unclear - by Tandavi - 10-11-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: the light is unclear - by Aithniel - 10-13-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: the light is unclear - by Tandavi - 10-26-2014, 10:48 PM
RE: the light is unclear - by Aithniel - 11-07-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: the light is unclear - by Tandavi - 12-24-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: the light is unclear - by Aithniel - 01-04-2015, 02:21 PM