the Rift

Through the wormhole. [Mauja]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

I watch as the owl tilts its head, much in the same manner as myself.

The dark eyes glimmer with energy, but they are stable, looking at you with a quiet omnipotence that you may not expect from such a small creature. "Greetings, Mauja the Frostheart," the beak clicks, struggling with the tongue of the equid with its odd anatomy. He is not meant to speak your language, but the strings that pull on his mind make him do it anyway. "Ruler of the Edge in future times."

There it is, your first real hint that you are not in the Helovia that you know and love. While the season of Frostfall entices you, this is a foreign land. How far have you gone back? Your mind might race thinking about that, but I know. Yet, you are left to stand in mystery, and the owl will certainly not tell you. I will not tell you.

The owl begins to ruffle its feathers, shuffling around to grasp at something. You watch his movements carefully, for it is the reason you have come here. From the tree the owl produces an egg. It is small, white, very dull and ordinary. Yet there is a soft glimmer of blue on its shell that you can only see in random flickers of the winter sun. "This is your fated companion," the Owl says matter-of-factly. "But it was born before your time."

The owl suddenly levitates the egg in a static limb, crackling and buzzing as it makes the egg float down to you, making a loop around your neck and holding the egg in place by your heart. A chain of strange, cool electricity for the convenience of carrying your egg. "For this reason, you had to come back here."

Messages In This Thread
Through the wormhole. [Mauja] - by Random Event - 09-01-2012, 02:56 PM
RE: Through the wormhole. [Mauja] - by Mauja - 09-01-2012, 04:45 PM
RE: Through the wormhole. [Mauja] - by Random Event - 09-01-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: Through the wormhole. [Mauja] - by Mauja - 09-01-2012, 05:28 PM
RE: Through the wormhole. [Mauja] - by Mauja - 09-01-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: Through the wormhole. [Mauja] - by Mauja - 09-02-2012, 04:02 PM