the Rift

[OPEN] Heat of the Sun [Welcoming]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I lead him, but as an equal, by his side. I sense some discontent at this from Thranduil, but perhaps it is because we are walking much closer than we might otherwise be. I don't pester him with questions, nor do I give him more than a cursory glance here and there to see how he's doing. The open, friendly, talkative attitude that I had going on before has faded and I'm back to my more normal self - not so much the talkative type. Silence hugs me like a warm blanket that I am loathe to shed in these cool winter months. Even the desert is not immune to Frostfall's icy grip.

Thranduil is nearly as silent, excepting when we leave the Forest and when we arrive in the desert. These thanks and promises he will have to prove over time. Actions speak louder than words. Dalibor leaving me.. up and leaving.. after the words he said.. That action seals the deal, and left my heart broken. Actions, my dears. I want to see that this Thranduil can really prove himself. But though I may have doubted his sincerity before, excepting for his pain, once again I believe his words. The sentimental tone that colors his words is as true as true gets, and I believe that he was once a son of the desert. As for me, I don't believe that I've ever belonged in the desert.

The sun, the heat, none of it really suits me. Why I am even in the Throat? I am no disciple of the Sun God. I love the moon and worship her cool, nonjudgmental gaze. I love the night and the stars that shine above, twinkling at me with their secrets. But here I am in the land of the Sun God. Leading this Golden boy to his ways. There was no good way to explain the turn of things from day to day. I whinny into the open air, calling out to any who may be patrolling the borders. Sohalia, specifically.

WC: 340
Tag: @[Sohalia], @[Thranduil]

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Heat of the Sun [Welcoming] - by Thranduil - 10-12-2014, 11:41 AM
RE: Heat of the Sun [Welcoming] - by Andromeda - 10-13-2014, 01:20 AM
RE: Heat of the Sun [Welcoming] - by Gaucho - 10-22-2014, 11:54 AM