the Rift

[OPEN] !! Leave the Night On

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She had been quiet, desolate, far more reserved than usual. She didn't know how to fix this broken hole in her heart which had increased so rapidly it had swallowed her somewhat happy demeanor completely and left her terrorized in a corner. Constant nightmares had been plaguing her sleeps, and honestly, sleep deprivation was probably something she had suffered from. An intense search for herbs to calm her anxiety was a part of her day to day life, having become so afraid that if she didn't have them she would fall to pieces when she was needed the most.

Oh, how she had tried to be strong. Oh, how she wished such a thing was possible. She knew she had Valiance, who was (at this moment) flying above her in circles, taking in the colours of the trees with Frostfall in the midst. It was cold, very cold, and she wasn't sure that she was ready for all of this. Panic attacks about fire and enemies taking over the Edge, killing her family, had been the pains of her sleep, and the knowledge that fires would be returning to these lands to keep the herd warm (while it was a lovely thing, intelligent in fact, to use this creature in order to keep the herd alive) was only continuing to stress the pallid mare as she ventured back towards her herb garden and the canopy which had done so well to shield her from the world.

Alas, she was yanked from her thoughts when a puff of smoke appeared before her face and then, only a few seconds later, the feeling of his talons against her back. "I know, I know. I need to stop worrying," she mumbles to Valiance as he gives out a few clucks of agreement and then does something she had not been expecting. "Respe- Respy" he says, at least in her mind, because his mouth never moved. She jumps a little, and his claws dig in deeper to her bundles of hair before she stands still and has tears come to her eyes. "Y-you can talk?" she whispers, turning her head to look back at Val who nods his head with a "Yes. I... Speak," he paused, eyes narrowing a little as he seemed to mull over the exact words to say before settling on, "Only... You"

Maybe, just maybe, this would mean life would start to look up.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Leave the Night On - by Resplendence - 10-12-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: !! Leave the Night On - by Daemyn - 10-14-2014, 03:59 AM
RE: !! Leave the Night On - by Aaron - 10-19-2014, 07:51 PM
RE: !! Leave the Night On - by Resplendence - 10-20-2014, 07:47 PM