the Rift

[JUDGED] No, I am not in distress. [Graveyard Champ - Kaj!]

Caneo Posts: 133
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3h :: 6 years HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Ophiria :: Dragon Snake :: None kae

Something is strange about the golden king. The air around him sizzles – Caneo notices this through a haze of pain and bitter fear, but the phenomenon slips past his thinking mind. That first little burst of electricity, let loose before Caneo’s horn strikes flesh, is quickly forgotten in the rush and tumble of frantic escape just afterward. The silver boy staggers away with no ill effect, blood dripping from the curved point of his narrow weapon. Perhaps he ought to feel joy again, but he feels only the oppressive closeness of his enemy, the driving need to be away.

Even his hind hoof striking wing does little to settle Caneo’s nerves. His blue eyes roll in his narrow skull, as cloven toes clutch frantically at the grass. The other man is simply too big, and too powerful, to ever be felled. If Caneo had been wiser, if he had run way rather than take part... He feels the earth rumble as the dragon-man spins, heavy hooves bearing down in hot pursuit.

Caneo can do little to flee. He thrusts forward, his wounded hops graceless. He ought to be grateful he flees over meadow ground and not the sand of his distant home, but he feels nothing beyond the awful prickling of his nerves. His long neck turns just enough to grant a vantage of the titan bearing down on him, blood dripping down the golden haunch, fractured wing tucked close. Caneo is too green to see these little victories for what they are – new weaknesses. He sees only too little damage done, his own struggle to avoid an end poorly concluded. He squeals, a shrill noise building in his chest to match the delicate drape of his ruined costume, its ribbons fluttering sadly along his sides.

He shudders forward just enough to avoid the ending he fears. Rather than the cascade of pain he expects, the crushing weight of the golden man smashing him to the ground, Caneo feels only the sharp pinch of teeth meeting his left flank. It is a little sharper than it should be, perhaps, as sparks leap between Kaj’s grasping mouth and Caneo’s skin, but the boy is able to rush forward just enough to deny purchase, and to deny more damage than the stinging he feels – like a little cluster of bees. He will notice it more later, perhaps, when the bruise has set in, but now his tail thrashes in acknowledgement of rage. He simply continues to move away, done with this battle, and done with the king.

defense
word count: 425 words
notes: He took no damage from the little burst of electricity (I wasn't really sure if I ought to interpret that as an attack?). Kaj did manage to bite his flank, and the electric attack stung, and the bite caused bruising, but as Caneo was moving at the time the bite didn't really grab anything and therefore was fairly minimal.
---
Realizing I misunderstood how taking damage is supposed to work when I made my second attack post >_> I hope this one is better aligned with how it should be? :\
---
Anyway, this was fun Brit and I apologize if you felt rushed. I'm glad I got you as my first spar partner!

sxc.hu

Messages In This Thread
RE: No, I am not in distress. [Graveyard Champ - Kaj!] - by Caneo - 10-19-2014, 07:25 PM