the Rift

For Home and Hearth...

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth
I listen as only I can, binding the names to the bodies before me and watching all the while in my own way between the exchange of words. Words, that in the end, are little more then wind to me. The blue imposes upon me, dares me to accept her offer. I only look back coolly at Ampere, regarding the blue tint of her muzzle like a puzzle. Within my heart considers, remembers the sweetness of a moment not so unlike this long ago...how all distant that seems now, so old and insignifcent those memories. Once, I would have been so glad at the thought of home, a herd, but no more and, perhaps, never again. I'm not the same as I was before and I'll never change back. I've accepted that. As for the comment towards food i gave a slow and hefty shrug of my shoulders. "I am not bothered, for I am strong and needn't much." "

Elsa spins a similar strain of words in this little game and I beg a crooked smile on my maw, whimsied by the titles she spews. A warrior? A Seer? A crafter? A healer? To these strange words I answer to none, for I know what I am. I am Hearth and that is all that I answer to. A chuckle escapes my maw, creating a short-lived mist in the air. " Such names you have for things," I say to the pale one, Elsa. " But I know my calling. It is Hearth and I am a creature of sky."

I glance to the night sky above, gleaning a few spare glints from the stars above. As I stand I can feel the cold around me, circling in the feathering of my feet as a light breeze. My great wings shift on my back, swaying, almost as if eager to taste the sky again despite the deep ache unfolding through the length of my back. I'm reminded by this how worn my body is from my travels and I find myself pressed for rest, the weight of slumber nagging in my limbs. Yet I could not do so with company, friendly and well meaning even as they seemed.

I do not belong here, in a sense. I no longer did anywhere save the endless berth of the open world.

With that thought I open my wings, ignoring the ache as I raise their weight. " Now, I yearn for rest and must leave." I say, letting my words linger for a few moments." But before I do... I pray that the sky watches us all. May we yet meet again in its gaze, bright or dark." I bow my head before trotting away and launching into the air with a few flaps of my great wings. As the slow flurries around me as I rise with sweet elevation I discover that I'm almost sad to leave my stranger kin behind and, stranger still, and yet not quite, that I meant my parting words. I doubted I ever would, for the world is wide and neverending, but it was a kind thought nonetheless and one that warmed my heart.

Perhaps all is not as I thought it was.

"blahblahblah." Speaking
"blahblahblah." Thoughts

For flame, for heart
Image Credit
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!

Messages In This Thread
For Home and Hearth... - by Hearth - 10-14-2014, 12:07 AM
RE: For Home and Hearth... - by Elsa - 10-14-2014, 07:47 AM
RE: For Home and Hearth... - by Hearth - 10-15-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: For Home and Hearth... - by Ampere - 10-15-2014, 11:53 PM
RE: For Home and Hearth... - by Elsa - 10-16-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: For Home and Hearth... - by Hearth - 10-18-2014, 01:03 PM
RE: For Home and Hearth... - by Ampere - 10-18-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: For Home and Hearth... - by Elsa - 10-20-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: For Home and Hearth... - by Hearth - 12-22-2014, 01:18 AM