the Rift

Broken Shadows

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

I watched the dragon stallion as he reacted to Mirage's news with nothing short of rage. Tallis tried to turn my head away, but I watched him. I watched him as he dragged the dead stallion's body across the ground to the gaping hole in the Earth before kicking him in. Flames licked the air as the body fell into the fire below. Once the fire died down I looked back at the dragon horse and watched him, listened as he spoke, and noted that he wouldn't lift his gaze to meet anyone else's eyes. The display was disgusting to me. Yes, the stallion had hurt Mirage, but he was already dead and would hurt no one again. So why treat the body the way he had?

"He was already dead." I spoke up, unable to really understand why the display had been necessary. Sure, he was a bad stallion, but was it smar to desecrate the dead in such a way? I did not think it was no matter what he had done, but no one else seemed to share my opinion of it. I continued to stare at the dragon, my gaze openly accusing.

Finally I shook my head as Tallis moved from the ground to my back, trilling quietly to me as he moved. I should have let him turn my head and block the sight from me because the scene would haunt me. Bad or good, the dead deserved to be treated with a bit more respect than that. It was disgusting and if that was they way they treated the dead then I wanted no part of it, so I turned and began to walk away, Tallis still perched upon my back as he looked at the gathering we were leaving behind.

Messages In This Thread
Broken Shadows - by Mirage - 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Broken Shadows - by Gossamer - 06-03-2012, 12:25 AM
RE: Broken Shadows - by Torasin - 06-07-2012, 02:42 PM
RE: Broken Shadows - by Mirage - 06-13-2012, 11:34 PM
RE: Broken Shadows - by Vikram - 06-13-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: Broken Shadows - by Aylin - 06-19-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Broken Shadows - by Mirage - 06-19-2012, 08:20 AM
RE: Broken Shadows - by Aylin - 06-19-2012, 11:36 AM
RE: Broken Shadows - by Mirage - 06-21-2012, 11:49 PM