the Rift

[OPEN] Heal our land

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

The alert coil of muscles comes first. Ah, only natural to be afraid of movement in the dark. I knew not what Midas remembered, but could assume in his mind I played some dreadful creature unknown before my identity became clear. My body in full sight, painted orange from the glow of the fire glaring through the walls.

The black and white stallion's face turns from rigid caution into wonton joy, his frigid exterior cast into the flames as he moves toward me. A wave of excitement takes my heart, and my smile unknowingly mirrors his own. The sound of my name on his lips reassures me, even more so than the mysterious knowledge of his name on my lips. I try to remember more, how I would know this bright and joyous soul, and find nothing. Empty, hollow, much like the darkness that had taken over my being.

I meet the gentle muzzle with my own, breathing in deeply to remember. The scent of his flesh is familiar, all too familiar, belonging to my former home, and I get the vision of a cascading waterfall and green rolling hills. The vision of the crimson eyed dame wishing me goodbye, her ivory horn flashing in the night. Who is she? Why did I leave? Where was I going? The clouds settle in around my mind, making my eyes grow distant until Midas's warm voice draws me home.

I feared for ye son.
Son.
Was he my father?
Surely not, for I had already met my father.

In my mind, I feel wind through my wings. A distant memory pulling on my subconscious. The feeling of flight, quickly followed by a crash. I blink, looking toward the golden eyed stallion. Midas. He taught me how to fly.

"I wish I knew," lamenting, my voice echoes quietly on the cave walls. "There is much I cannot remember." The statement is honest, bleak, and contrasts the warm glow still left in my cheeks from the memory of my childhood. Midas, my teacher, my mortal father. What happened to the rest of my family?

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Heal our land - by Midas - 10-14-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: Heal our land - by Hototo - 10-15-2014, 10:38 AM
RE: Heal our land - by Midas - 10-17-2014, 01:01 PM
RE: Heal our land - by Hototo - 10-17-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Heal our land - by Midas - 10-21-2014, 02:14 PM