the Rift

recitation.

Yuuta Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Yuuta</style>
           I heard you believe in ghosts.</style>
It's cold.

Breath weaves a pathway in front of my eyes with every exhale, the mist trailing behind me in silence until it dissipates, just as quickly as it arrived. Winter, the harsh bitch that she is, engulfs all. The snow which filters through the evergreen branches crunches under my cream colored hooves, cut out shapes telling of my path through this seemingly endless forest.

Trees, trees, and more trees.
Does the forest ever end?

I can only hear my father's voice echoing in my mind, cloying yet hateful. You will walk, Yuuta. Walk until you find a home that suits you. If I could return there, back in time, I would. Challenge his mocking voice as he reminds me, ever so sweetly, I would never beat him. I never could. Eyes flash dangerously in the shade, a huff escaping my lungs. When I return, he will kneel.

More trees.

I pause, looking around, ears settling forward, listening to the echoes on the trunks. Snow sifts lightly through their branches, settling upon my back. The cold palpable but distant in my mind. I feel the rush of warm blood through my veins, the soft, calm beat of my heart as I stand alone. Shadows painted under the branches by the dimmed sun above. The slow falling snow blocking the beacon in the sky from visibility. The light found its way through the clouds, through the snow, through the branches. I might have been inspired, if not already so pissed off.

Even from miles away, I remained chained to my hatred.
Could I escape? Hardly.
Could I run? Perhaps.
Would it find me? Most certainly.

Outside, I appear calm and quiet, eyes gazing upon the contrast of dark trunks and ivory snow. My eyes slowly cover the small area opened between trees. The pale face framed by grey remains stoic. Alone, lonely, quiet, harmless... a perfectly approachable stranger.

[ ooc; still getting used to him, so please excuse the awkward growing pains. ]

image credit

Messages In This Thread
recitation. - by Yuuta - 10-15-2014, 06:58 PM
RE: recitation. - by Aeolus - 10-15-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: recitation. - by Yuuta - 10-16-2014, 01:19 AM
RE: recitation. - by Aeolus - 10-18-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: recitation. - by Yuuta - 10-18-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: recitation. - by Aeolus - 10-20-2014, 08:28 PM