Why Don't You Do Right?

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful
I know you will

Ampere was accustomed to nicknames. In fact, she rather preferred them. She had never quite understood the necessity of actual names, and figured even if one wasn't supplied, one would be given anyway (case in point, blue bird). To Ampere, names were just hollow words and well practiced manners.

If you knew someone, you knew them, name or not. Know me, don't name me.

Ampere's attention flicked to Elsa as she refuted the Mother of Companions' words. It wasn't irritation that crossed the lightning marked face; mostly just curiosity. Did Elsa truly believe a drifter needed to know every tidbit of the land? Ampere had never been warned of the Basin, and yet here she stood - if he took to wandering to the North (what idiot would during Frostfall?) they would chase him out as they had her. Perhaps I was luckier than most though Ampere thought as she glanced at Elsa's bad eye, never noticing it before. The claims of their racism were nothing new to her, and though it had angered her at first, didn't every herd have a right to defend its borders? She certainly did not appreciate strangers on the edge of her orange sands.

There was something to be said though, about what happened inside the borders, but now was not the time.

At Oberon's voice the blue eyes made of electricity turned to settle back upon him. Her ears flicked, listening with a growing smile, one that tried to hide the prickling unease of the Basin. As if growing evil of a divine nature wasn't enough, the northerners remained a continued threat - only small stories here and there, but threats to their freedom all the same.

"Feed you, shelter you, bed you - everything the wilds in Frostfall do not," Ampere said pointedly, distracted by her thoughts. With a pause she school her head, chasing the demons inside back into the depths where they would stay until she dreamed. "Ranks of ample choosing and interests, warmth of many kinds, and company to share it with." Ampere's smile seemed to grow heavy on one side, becoming rough and lopsided - a wild kind of look often found on the recently fucked or the recently fought. Ampere was looking for either.

"All herds offer that though," she went on, her tail swishing dismissively, feathers ruffling with the readiness to leave. It was cold here, and she shifted her weight to remind her bones to stay awake. "All that really matters is who you're standing with each dawn, who you're grazing beside every dusk, who you're sweating with afternoon...and night." A coy look as Ampere tilted her head, finishing with the unspoken intent - he picked them now, they had already chosen him.

A M P E R E
PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL

ellsouille.deviantart.com with permission

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-15-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-16-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Elsa - 10-16-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-17-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Elsa - 10-17-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-21-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Elsa - 10-22-2014, 07:49 AM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-29-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-29-2014, 09:48 PM