the Rift

[OPEN] Forever Changed [Welcoming]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Acceptance tickled my ears and made me giddy. I hadn’t expected to walk away from the depths of the Threshold with Astraea in tow, but the feeling of such success lifted my heart. I smiled warmly to the girl before gesturing to Evangeline so that we might all make a quick departure for I had no intentions of waiting around for Thranduil or Sikeax to protest the mare’s decision. I’d been impressed with the Basin stallion’s magical display, but it did little in the way of convincing anyone else of his might… In fact, it appeared as though it was ignored all together. Besides, everything seemed to happen so quickly and without reason that I hadn’t much time to think about it until moving away from the claiming grounds (not that I was not satisfied in doing so). However, as we breeched the mouth of the forest, a flash of distinct burnt orange caught my eye causing me to pause in my descent long enough to notice Tallis resting high above my head in the barren branches. When I looked back to my supposed companions, I noticed that Eva had fallen behind, presumably distracted by yet another lead that could potentially reveal another lost soul.

With an amused laugh, I motioned for Tallis to join her in her endeavors, knowing that he meant to warn me of their intentions to separate. Evangeline was such a peculiar thing and it was perhaps the thing I liked best about her, aside from her charming good looks… Turning back around, I resumed the path that would take Astraea and I back to the Edge while casually adding, “I guess she’ll have to find her way back alone.” I knew the starlit mare would understand our loose friendship because we had come to know one another since my return to the Edge. Besides, I wanted to get Astraea acquainted with her surroundings before nightfall and the frozen chill of its darkness. I tried not to spend our entire journey home in pure silence, but at times my mind wanted nothing more than to wander. I debated many things and tried to avoid others but everything eventually led me back to Astraea and soon I gave in to my desires and tried my best to fill our travels with kind assurance. “I believe that you’ll find the Edge to your liking dear, but my words alone would certainly fail to do it much justice so I’ll leave our lady to make her own first impressions.

After what felt like an eternity, the World’s Edge finally loomed large before us. It beckoned softly behind the faint glow of the winter sun as the shattered glass wall shed broken strands of light along the icy grounds. They shifted and danced in the soft breeze and just beyond the mists waited eagerly for their newest recruit- no doubt giggling and squealing in their splendor until they might tickle the mare’s ankles in their usual fashion. Slowly, I turned to rest a curious gaze on the starlit lady, keen to witness her expression as she recognized what was soon to become a permanent fixture in her life. Though the crystalline wall concealed most of what lay ahead, I knew that the Edge possessed enough beauty even outwardly that Astraea would feel comfortable in the amenities she discovered there. “Just beyond is your home Astraea. Are you ready to call it such?

Image Credits

@[Astraea]
ooc| Sorry if this was a pile of poop, the next will be better. <3

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 11-09-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 02:13 PM