the Rift

[OPEN] Forever Changed [Welcoming]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

Visions of Essetia’s childhood spent at my side flashed seamlessly through my mind. She had been such a carefree soul, so devout to her own mission… What an inspiring memory to harbor of someone. She had been my pride and joy and I felt no shame in admitting her power over me, after all don’t our children hold a part of us in their own hearts? I prayed that I was still somewhere in her soul after every sin I’d committed. However, I feared that an abandoned child was far more punishable than an abandoned herd. They would recover in numbers and my sweet offspring would have to suffer so much, alone. Agony tugged lightly at my chest as it rose and fell slowly in spite of the racing beat of my heart. I had so many wounds to mend and so many apologies to give and yet here I was, wasting the day away pretending that I was still somewhat relevant. My name was to be passed down by a young mare that I’d yet to see upon returning to Helovia… Part of me wondered if she was even still here.

Perhaps she had come looking for me, unsure of what she might find. She would find nothing of course, because I had left the wilds in favor of a comfortable life back in the Edge. However, I trusted that Romul, her companion, would do just as much as I to keep her safe. Or so I hoped… Astraea reminded me too much of my daughter and though they did no resemble one another physically, there was something in the way she spoke and the way the world affected her that made tears sting my eyes. No. I would not let this stranger reveal the emotions of my past- not here, not now. But of course, irony would not let me live my mistakes down and while I gazed incredulously down at the starlit child, I tried to find as many different ways to evade sharing myself with her as per her request. It’s not that my story was so heartfelt as hers, but rather it dredged up pain so fresh that I was unsure if I would be able to cage it away again after turning it free.

Attempting to clear my throat, I sighed while Astraea tried to make a roundabout apology for her intrusion. However, if I expected her to find a family in the Edge or in me, I had to be able to share my story with her. After all, even if she was new to our ranks, I held no doubts that she would eventually become an integral part of what we stood for. “My daughter… She was a bit younger than you when I left. Her mother had passed and the grief was so overwhelming that I thought it natural to abandon my own child… The guilt is quite overpowering at times young one. But this herd, our family… they have helped to remind me of who I once was. They are preparing me to face my mistakes one day at a time.” I’d chosen to keep it short and sweet because I’d wanted to keep the quiver of shame out of my voice… Weakness was not an option now and not ever.

It was strange how attentive the star child appeared as I droned over the many occupations she might decide to take part in during her time in the Edge, but it was endearing all the same. Her wide eyes, so bright and full of life, twinkled as I spoke and the more they shone, the more enthusiastic I felt. It was nice to see so much zeal in a specimen so young… though I suppose it could have been her age alone that made her appear so eager. However, when she started to mull over her answer, I noticed a mischievous look in her eyes that reminded me of myself… and when her conclusion was finally voiced, a sleuth!, I smiled proudly. Not only had I been announced as a specter only some time ago, I now had an apprentice in which to work with! Adjusting myself once more, I turned to face Astraea more fully with bright eyes. “That’s a fine choice dear. As your specter, I assure you that you will be prepared for all that comes your way Sleuth.” This was just the beginning of so many things. We had a lot to learn together and I hoped that I would be able to fulfill this position more aptly than I had when I was King…

Thor
@[Astraea]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 11-09-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 02:13 PM