the Rift

[OPEN] love tastes bitter when it's gone

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Nayati had known since she'd first met Vadim that he was a soul of few words, something she could relate to rather well. Most of her life she had been a functioning mute, and though her appreciation for eloquence had grown substantially she was still a creature of quietude. So when Vadim's elegant crown merely nodded in response to her observation she was unperturbed, smile still warm and inviting. To what she was unsure, but she wanted to bask in it with Vadim, to not be so alone for a single evening. Whether or not he would join her, in whatever adventure it was that she felt as if she needed in that moment, would be seen.

Rathunax was clearly a source of unease for him, and she felt a tad embarrassed at her companion's forthright actions. "I apologize," she chimed delicately, snowy ears swiveling shyly upon her crown. "He's very bold." At her silent beckon he lifts delicately- ever mindful of his claws- from Vadim's withers to embrace the skies once more. Remembering her company's reaction to the circling of her bonded, she gently called him from the heavens. Rathunax huffed, more upset by the fact he could no longer play matchmaker up close than snubbed at the distrust displayed by Vadim and Vlasi.

The reminder of the cold brings her back from where she'd been tied too deeply with Rathunax, and her knees are knocking together pitifully as embarrassment and a small helping of shame dip her head, furthering the height difference between them. "I know. I should, at least, I'm a nurse," she laughed softly, not minding that she was poking fun at herself. "I just...needed to get my mind off things. But now I regret it." Scarred knees trembled and her little body shook, but she never bothered to stop smiling. Why should she? She wasn't alone anymore, that was all that mattered.

It slid from her face, however, when Vadim asked why she was out alone. Expressive rubies flickered away and she flicked her sopping wet tail to distract herself. "I don't know anyone, in the Edge. They don't bother to remember my name, to realize...well, anyways. I like to come here, when I feel lonely. It's beautiful," she breathed softly, turning to gaze out over the stillness of the water, the sinking sun reflected upon the mirror-like surface. What she expected from Vadim, Nayati wasn't sure. It was likely he would gruffly apologize, fall to silence perhaps. But the little flower-bearer didn't mind much. At least she had told somebody. "C-Can we move somewhere warmer? Though it really is my own fault," her teeth chattered even as she laughed sheepishly, shivering all over. Rathunax's worried chitters soothed over her ears as he swiftly landed upon her spine, spreading his wings to warm what little he could cover of her body. Glaring over his bonded's shoulder as if demanding Vadim to do something.

Nayati</style>
  Have to stand up to be stronger</style>

image by seyyed_mostafa_zamani @ flickr.com

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 10-24-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 10-26-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 10-26-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 11-09-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 11-25-2014, 12:52 AM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 12-19-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 12-22-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 12-23-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 01-10-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 01-11-2015, 01:02 AM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 01-11-2015, 02:15 AM