Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn
N
A
Y
A
T
I

Silence envelops her, comfortable and reassuring. Vadim is more enraptured by Rathunax's abilities than anything else, and she had to admit she too was awed as always by the capabilities her bonded had. Though smug, Rathunax was well aware of the dangers the quartet were facing, and it was hardly a time for play and pride. Though his heart swells to see Nayati so calm, so far away from her normal fears and anxieties. He gazes upon them and sees the change Vadim inspires in her, the confidence he lends to her. He hardens the earth beneath her hooves, gives her a hand to hold and a shoulder for support. Rathunax looks between them and he sees how she flourishes in his hold, her smiles free and unrestrained, her heart released from the burdens she carried. And yet she didn't seem to notice at all. Nayati glanced up from where her cheek had brushed Vadim's in reassurance, confused by the warmth emanating from him, but he merely brushed her away with a sudden overwhelming surge of love. Floundering, Nayati allowed it.

The tension she feels suddenly tighten his body makes her insides wail in despair. She feels as if she's ruined it all, the bliss she'd experienced for those long moments held in his grasp. She'd finally found peace, perhaps something even better. Nearly perfect, and she had ruined it with her stupid mouth, not content with a good thing while it lasted. She wants to reverse time, shove the words back into her big, stupid mouth, and yet she can't. Instead she suffers beneath the sudden intensity of the silence, and Vlasi's worried whine only drives the stake deeper into her heart. Oh gods, what had she done?

Common to Vadim's nature, he responded with a single word. Nayati turned and tentatively brushed her muzzle into the curve of his jaw, trying to convey how plainly sorry she was. "I'm so sorry," she whispered against his skin. "I didn't think. Please forgive me, I shouldn't have asked," her lips trembled with sorrow against his jaw, feeling ashamed by her probing. How could she have been so blind? If anyone had asked her before she'd joined the Edge, even prior to, she would have reacted the exact same way. She could not stand the thought of him withdrawing from her, physically or emotionally.

Image Credit

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 10-24-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 10-26-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 10-26-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 11-09-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 11-25-2014, 12:52 AM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 12-19-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 12-22-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 12-23-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 01-10-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Vadim - 01-11-2015, 01:02 AM
RE: love tastes bitter when it's gone - by Nayati - 01-11-2015, 02:15 AM