the Rift

[OPEN] Baby's Black Balloon

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Mist curled and twisted upwards from the stallion's nostrils as he exhaled slowly, honey-brown orbs staring at shattered walls of his destination. The chill of Frostfall seemed to seep through his hide and settle uncomfortably into his bones, even despite the bright noon sun that shone overhead. Winter was in full swing, and the black and white overo was more than ready to settle down and finally, finally call somewhere 'home'... If they would still have him.

Apollo's mind danced to the familiar faces that called the Edge their home. The two beauties Ktulu and Lakota, as well as sweet Resplendence, and warm, brotherly Kaj... Would he still be welcome? Or, perhaps, he was being too presumptuous?

Upon his back, nestled in the overgrown strands of his mane along his withers, Zola unfurled herself from her tiny bundle, eyes still shut despite the length that it had been since her premature hatching. It was a notable concern, one that had Apollo terribly worried... Shouldn't her eyes have opened by now? While no expert on the livelihood of kittens, Apollo knew that their eyes should've opened by now, but alas. They hadn't. Maybe it was just a fault of her premature hatching, caused by that wretched, terrible shadow-beast? Maybe Zola's eyes would never open? The thought was daunting, and terrifying. Would Apollo be able to protect her? Keep her safe?

Concern trickled through the growing bond that the two felt, and the Merciful stallion glanced back towards his precious companion. The black kitten stayed laying upon his back, but her nose stretched upwards, tiny nostrils sucking in the unfamiliar air. Oftentimes Apollo couldn't help but marvel at Zola's small stature... Goodness, if only he'd done a better job at protecting her inside that egg. "It's alright, Zola," he murmured softly to soothe her concern, eyes looking back forward from his stationary position within the snow outside of the World's Edge borders. "We're welcome here... I think."

Hesitantly a hoof stretched outwards, the first step of many that would bring him closer to his new home. Or, what would hopefully be his new home. Maybe? Hopefully? Ears swiveling and breath puffing in misty furls, Apollo's head lowered and his horn caught rays of the sun that promised false warmth. A low, beckoning whinny forced itself from his lips, the sound echoing across the frozen, frost-bitten land, and with patience, the overo shifted along the borders and waited for an Edge member to find him.

'Let it be Ktu,' his mind whispered pleadingly to whatever higher power was listening, 'Or Kota... Or Kaj. Or Resplendence. Someone who know's me...'

ooc: Apollo's come to the Edge! :D FINALLY. Open to anyone! @[Ktulu] @[Lakota] @[Resplendence]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Baby's Black Balloon - by Apollo - 10-25-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Archibald - 10-25-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Resplendence - 10-25-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Apollo - 10-26-2014, 11:48 AM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Lakota - 10-26-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Ktulu - 10-29-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Resplendence - 11-11-2014, 11:18 PM