the Rift

[OPEN] Baby's Black Balloon

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Was she even supposed to be here? Should she really be trying to care? She was the outcast in this group. She was the one who didn't fit and she doubted that she would ever fit. It was something that she was accustomed to - not fitting in - but it still hurt and tore at her heart.

He claims that he is the one who is getting the pleasure from her presence, but she supposed it was probably true. Because, really, at this moment, she felt no pleasure at all. She felt weak and scared. She was anxious, afraid that they were all going to suddenly turn on her. "S-so do you," she said, shuffling backwards as each of the others seemed to come in closer. Sure, she'd received a smile from the blue one who had saved her herb box, but it was little to reassure the mare that she was safe. And Archibald - having just learned his name - was now offering her curt nods.

She swallowed, still moving back. It wasn't too long ago (so it seemed) that he had stolen a trinket from her tail. She never had learned what it did, but the fact that he had stolen it from her… it had taken a small shred of safety which she had originally had.

Her eyes lowered, trained on the ground as Valiance stayed in her poll - wanting to support his bonded as much as he could at this time. Quietly, she allows her mind to mesh with a few words. "I'll l-let you all h-have your moment." she whispers, just loud enough for Apollo to hear. "If-if you need me, I'll b-be at my g-garden. M-most know w-where it is," she finished, still just for Apollo.

"Good day," she managed to say clearly to the rest of the group, her bodice backing her into the shadows. And, as soon as she hit the tree line she spun around - taking off at a gallop toward her personal garden. Galloping off toward her only safe haven. They Grey was back - maybe not the same, but they were beginning to take over the one place she called home.

She had lost the only thing that had made her seem useful, and now her home was being filled with those from the past she hadn't wanted to relive.

Life just worked perfectly, didn't it?

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@[Apollo]
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Baby's Black Balloon - by Apollo - 10-25-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Archibald - 10-25-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Resplendence - 10-25-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Apollo - 10-26-2014, 11:48 AM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Lakota - 10-26-2014, 08:46 PM