the Rift

[DROP] Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop]

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

The silence of the night was just the way I liked it, luring me further into these strange woods as I crunched through the snow. I was doing my best to investigate the murder that had happened upon this island, as part of my job description and for the sake of my own self-preservation. Having taken innocent lives myself, I wanted to know the murderer’s ‘type’. Who were they targeting? Would a stallion be next? Would I have to guard over my newest interests and keep an even closer eye on them? And let’s not forget that, in part, my morbid curiosity made me want to meet this murderer and pick apart their brain for more information.

Mindlessly I listened to the snow crunching beneath my hooves, enjoying the quiet and hardly taking any notice of the strange darkness that suffocated the lands. When you spent the majority of your time in caves and the like, you grew accustomed to the darkness. Still, the further I went into the woods, the more observant I became. It was impossible to ignore the sensation of unease, my body succumbing to the dark and silence and reacting with the instinctive ‘fight or flight’ response. The hairs on my neck began to rise, and I took careful notes of the shadows behind the trees, studying every little thing. Soon, I was met with a strange sight.

Blood, such an easily recognizable substance. I stepped closer to sniff the splatters, but there was nothing familiar about the scent other than the aroma of iron. Nothing was out of place, the snow lay perfectly without so much as a hoof print to be seen. The only thing that remained with the blood was a stained paper with a jumble of letters. Some were scratched off and replaced with another letter. ”The hell?” I muttered under my breath, looking up to see that a sign had the same jumble of letters, only without the letters scratched off. Someone was trying to unscramble it, but it appeared something found them before they could complete it. I stared at the paper for a few minutes, trying my best to make sense of why they chose the letters to replace the ones crossed off. After a while of struggling to find a pattern, I gave up and simply tried to make sense of the available letters that were already solved. I tried to match the letters to fitting words, until I finally solved the scrambled puzzle in the only feasible sentence. With a final glance around me to make sure that I was not being followed, I redirected my course to the left and marched forward.

OOC: Panzram guesses and goes left.
Wishlist
Seeking: Dark x Water | Can form temporary blood clots that will dissipate after one thread. This can cause pain, swelling, numbness, or temporary paralysis of affected limb.

No prior refusals.
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Yuuta - 10-26-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Panzram - 10-28-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Astraea - 10-30-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Yuuta - 10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Yuuta - 10-31-2014, 03:07 PM