the Rift

[OPEN] Tales To The Wind

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Paint me a picture
with your lies

There was a crack in the ice, a fissure of water that grew steadily larger until the dam broke free of Brisa’s cold, unfeeling distance. It was as if a light had lit the upstairs window of the abandoned house down the lane and while curious eyes looked on with astonishment, I was the only bystander willing to walk inside. With the door hanging wide open before me, I could see that the landing within was dark and quiet with the silence only marred by the faintest of songs wafting down from the upper levels of the house. Slowly I walked on, still the only one brave enough to venture into the mansion’s depths and mount the staircase to the top floor. With measured steps I sought to find the source of light as it waited ominously above behind the cracks of a door, still closed. I’d been the only one courageous enough to turn the knob and throw it away from me so that I might glimpse the ghostly shade of her pallid face… a face yet so full of beauty and light and loneliness. “Hello…”, I’d said… and she smiled.

I’d allowed her a moment to gather her thoughts, another long moment that I’d handed one more to the silence and her cool façade. I’d simply have to dance around this ghost and convince her to bend to my will, if only to extend her my waiting hand. It was clear that she required a bit of nurturing and I was more than willing to provide her as much, if only she would permit it. “By taking everything in life with a grain of salt. You cannot change what has been or will be my dear… but you can change how you respond to it. Your life is too short to stop living it so early…” My voice grew gradually softer before tapering away between us like a fine piece of silk slipping between one’s fingers.

However, much to my surprise the wordless quiet did not stretch into eternity, but instead, my sentiments were more eagerly returned. I had gained something in this exchange after trying and failing numerous times before. The light had finally come on and I was so overjoyed by the fact that I couldn’t fight the slow smile spreading across my charred lips. With a little more enthusiasm than intended I shot back in an attempt to keep the ball rolling. “Then stop rewinding. Your troubles only exist in your head… If you like, I can soothe the pain for you…” It had been a rushed decision and one that I’d yet to make since healing Tamira alongside the God of the Earth. But what a moment it would be.

I’d used my magic one time- for Tamira. I had acquired that magic for her and here I was, resisting its weak calls and the warmth of its power bubbling from deep within. I could delve into Brisa’s thoughts and seek out her loneliness if I wanted, but I wasn’t truly certain that I did. Perhaps I’d spoken too soon… perhaps she would think it a joke. Either way, I still had trouble facing the power inside that had been granted in the name of my beloved, in the name of my child’s dead mother.
Thor the Gentle Heart

HorseStockPhotos.deviantart.com | raindroppe.deviantart.com | Roskvape.deviantart.com | FallowpenStock.deviantart.com | kuschelirmel-stock.deviantart.com | EveLivesey.deviantart.com | The-Ripple-Effects.deviantart.com ©

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 10-27-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 10-27-2014, 11:53 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 10-29-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 11-08-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 11-10-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 11-11-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 11-12-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 11-14-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 11-22-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 11-26-2014, 05:40 PM