the Rift

[OPEN] Tales To The Wind

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Paint me a picture
with your lies

It was clear that the patchwork I’d thought to be mending was clearly something I was ripping apart. The bright understanding that seemed to alight in her eyes, so blue, had all but dissipated. My frustrations had tempered my preference for kindness and I’d done nothing more than bring light to Brisa’s follies and past memories that were best meant to stay buried. An unwelcome frown tugged at my lips as she stared at me with a look that revealed a sense of disbelief and uncertainty. I hadn’t meant to upset her in such a way and now I was sent backpedaling through the mire of my wordy mistakes. But the mare was full of acceptance and though I knew that my sentiments were not met nor truly understood, she went about conversation as if I’d never uttered them in the first place. Her heart was pure even if troubled… and I admired that about her immensely.

Have you ever lost someone in your life that makes it hard to continue on without them?

Her works struck hard against my ill-defended heart. For a moment, I feigned contemplation of the sea and her antics, but I knew that my interest had been swayed. Of course I knew loss and heartache and pain. Of course I’d seen my fair share of trouble and uncertainty… but I had grieved and I had let go. “Yes”, I whispered to the curling breeze. I wasn’t sure if I’d meant for the admission to find Bria’s ears or not, but my mind was too heavy to worry over such matters. I wanted to forget the things I’d seen and the things I’d felt, but this mare had a way of bringing them to the surface when I’d finally considered myself healed. I didn’t appreciate her drudging up topics so near and dear to my heart, but I also couldn’t fight the weakness that overwhelmed me and caused me to remember.

I couldn’t find purchase to say much else but Brisa had no problem filling in the gaps of conversation where I lacked. Her stories were similar to her mood though- sad and disheartening. I’d witnessed my own fair share of loss and tragedy, making it hard not to relate and instead of acting as if I’d never heard such woes, I nodded meaningfully here and there until her sorrow’s close. “Come closer.

It was the only thing I could manage to press past my iron lips anymore. Instead of trying to treat her with a lesson on regret, I simply allowed her a shoulder upon which to lean. Her eyes had swelled enough to suggest the coming of tears but I would not hide from them as she’d chosen to do. Instead, I moved forward until my shoulder touched hers. This was someone I considered family and friend… To run from her now would be cowardly but to offer her comfort and remorse would be strong. Maybe we were both broken in some way but at least could weather the storm together…
Thor the Gentle Heart

HorseStockPhotos.deviantart.com | raindroppe.deviantart.com | Roskvape.deviantart.com | FallowpenStock.deviantart.com | kuschelirmel-stock.deviantart.com | EveLivesey.deviantart.com | The-Ripple-Effects.deviantart.com ©

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 10-27-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 10-27-2014, 11:53 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 10-29-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 11-08-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 11-10-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 11-11-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 11-12-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 11-14-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Brisa - 11-22-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Tales To The Wind - by Thor - 11-26-2014, 05:40 PM