the Rift

[OPEN] Beautiful child of mine
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Snow covered everything, I’d never so much of it before. In the desert it hardly snowed more than an inch or so – and even then it was usually a slushy mixture of sleet and rain. A frostfall sun would melt all signs of winter the next day if our atmosphere was fair and clear. Yar, in the desert it had been cold at night but mild during the day. In the mountains we were nestled by a valley, the chilling air is a constant reminder that our bodies are fragile. Sickness came and went. Perhaps it was a blessing that our clan was smallish, food had become hard to find. What did grow beneath the white blanket was brown, half rotten and tasteless.

I ate roots mostly and forged for winter moss near the entrance and beyond the cliffs as far south as my territory would allow. Trees leaned with layers and layers of snow and ice coating their branches. It was dead world we ruled over. A white world with nothing in it save for the occasional snow hare or desperate fox. At least frostfall brought a sense of peace. The other tribes had fallen silent, they also dealt with the fray of jack frosts cruel grasp.

Those signs of danger and ill fate we’d received during the early part of this season had stopped. No more living moss, no more frogs or flesh eating worms – for a short time we would be able to breathe a little. Or perhaps that was my naïve hope tricking this mind into believing that our family would be safe.

Fina soared overhead, eyes scanning the ground for signs of life. Her talons are empty and have been for days – she is hungry and urgently hunting. I watch from a thicket, pawing at frozen earth in an attempt to find bitter tuber roots to munch on. It took effort to maintain my current weight and health.

Near us both is a little egg that I’d been watching over. It sat pretty on a bed of moss and soft things that I’d gathered together – being born of winter the egg didn’t seem to mind its environment or the chilling waves of air that brushed across the breakable shell. There were little sounds coming from the egg, tiny sounds that my ears couldn’t register.

OOC: I wasn't sure if I should mark this random event or not ^^; But this is my hatching thread <333

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Beautiful child of mine - by Midas - 10-27-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Dröm - 10-28-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Midas - 10-30-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Muriel - 11-02-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Midas - 11-03-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Dröm - 11-10-2014, 07:39 AM