the Rift

[OPEN] Beautiful child of mine
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
“Midas.” That little voice is quiet in my mind, but I sense an edge of urgency in her tone. Honeyed pools shift up, questionably staring into the overcast sky; searching, scanning, before finally settling on a glowing frame gliding low below cloud cover. “Drom. She moves fast.” Being a predator bird, Fina was born with raptor eyes. A boon to us both. My crown angles toward the direction she gave through visual memory. It wasn’t moments later that Drom came charging through the trees, mane array and likely tangled with heavens knows what. I flinch as a wave of snow comes flying. Concern and the brief flicker of fear comes flying forefront. Ivory feathers flash from my sides out of instinct to protect the fragile shell which was mine to guard. They closed a mere second before a mess of caked sleet and mud comes toppling toward my egg. The sludge lands on pinions instead, coating them in a cold layer of slush.

Narrowed gaze rises to that blond frame, a warm mist is rising from her pelt. Sweat. She’d been running hard. The wide look in her soft eyes removes any right I might have for being cross at how she very nearly crushed a life. What in heaven’s name is going on now? I wondered grimly, withdrawing and shaking free the mud from my appendages as our Storyteller regains her breath. Her announcement catches my attention.

Brows narrow further, furrowing deeply as her news hits me like a rock across the skull. The throat had suffered a loss? Anxiety tightens my throat and draws my words out slowly, tightly, “What loss?” Was my family in danger? Cera. Ranjiri.
My little Grandcolt. Africa? A dozen individuals flash through my mind. I feel helpless again. Just as I’d been helpless to stop that bloody stallion from sinking his horn in Cera’s chest.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Beautiful child of mine - by Midas - 10-27-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Dröm - 10-28-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Midas - 10-30-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Muriel - 11-02-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Midas - 11-03-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Dröm - 11-10-2014, 07:39 AM