the Rift

[OPEN] Beautiful child of mine

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

It isn't the most respectable way she could have stumbled upon their little meeting, but Muriel had been joyously floating through the snow, flicking it up with her dual wings to shower in cold flurries upon her back. There is no fear of the darkness, for she is unaware it exists at all. Instead, she attempts to cure her loneliness through the thick drifts of snow, shaking and flicking her hooves, rolling and crash-landing playfully until the chill erases the lonesomeness. Compared to the mentality of others, her joy was benthic, too deep to comprehend. Every day was a gift because she was alive to greet it, so why should she despair?

The snow had inveigled her to play, to emerge from her solitary existence and at least attempt to mingle. Nobody really knew her, the only one who could likely recall her name was her Czar. Long ago she had been a sociable creature, living and breathing the companionship of everyone around her. Often, whether they liked her or not. But since departing from Janat, since she'd sworn herself to Leliel's side...she had lost all of that. Friendless, herdless, and loveless...had it been the right choice to make? Without Leliel there to remind her why she loved him, if she had a reason at all beyond girlish infatuation, she had begun doubting herself more and more.

Her luck coming upon the only herd member she knew was ridiculous, truly. But her excited floundering suddenly had purpose, and she practically danced on elegant rose limbs towards her Czar and another nameless mare, as faceless and foreign to her as the kin she tried so hard to get to know. She approaches behind the mare that rushes past her, garnering Muriel's attention in the first place. Midas snapping his wing forth creases her brow in worry, recognizing the action. Her mother had done it when pushy stallions and colts had pressured her as a filly, shielding her away with a fierceness only a mother could summon.

"Midas?" she spoke softly, seeking his eyes, his guidance and friendship. Is everything okay? What's going on? Simultaneously hoping she was not intruding, though her ears could not help but catch the information flying like sprayed sand from the other maiden's lips. Her heart did a dive into the hollows of her breast, sorrow flickering over her slim, pretty features. Helplessly she edges towards Midas, wishing she'd had more time to train, she'd hardly lifted a single hoof in sparring as she'd promised to attempt. The damsel's confession is probably too personal for someone like Muriel to hear, but she does not feel the guilt as easily as others. Frankness was one of her strongest qualities, after all.

Extending her topmost right wing, Muriel hoped to gently brush the mare's flank in a gesture of comfort and reassurance. Warmth and support glittered in her lavender eyes, pinned entirely on this complete stranger, seeking to give her strength. "There can be no courage without fear," Muriel stated, her voice soft and sure with a small but sincere smile pulling her pale pink lips. She turned her bare crown between the two, feeling like an intruder despite being a technical citizen of the Falls. "I will go, Midas. I know I'm new...but I want to help." The surety was nearly staggering, coming from a whimsical, capricious girl such as she. But there were a lot of qualities that people didn't care to discover about Muriel, and family was one of them.

As the conversation died she began hopefully searching the skies, feeling a little awkward stumbling into such an important conversation, clearly one not meant for her own ears. "Is Fina around?" she asked eagerly, ears pricking and hooves shuffling excitedly in place, awaiting the beautiful bird she'd fallen in love with. Completely enamored and intrigued by the magical companion.

Throwing her in here for awkwardness and shiz ;D

Muriel
I've been waiting to smile for awhile now
Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Beautiful child of mine - by Midas - 10-27-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Dröm - 10-28-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Midas - 10-30-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Muriel - 11-02-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Midas - 11-03-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Beautiful child of mine - by Dröm - 11-10-2014, 07:39 AM