the Rift

looking for life [open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

TOR
a mare who is forever wandering, bound by nothing but her mind

Trees, trees, everywhere. Won't you go away and leave me for another day? It was a big muddle of trees. Dark green, oak, aspens, maples. Who would bother naming these? Waste of time to the mare's distracted mind. She had lived in the Threshold, as she knew it was called, for many years now. Ever since the mare was a youngling, just a yearling. In the recent days, she had grown weary of the green upon her melted chocolate brown eyes, and Tor longed to see the ice fields and tundra she had seen as a filly. Naturally, the mare did not blend in at all to the colors of the forest- her slate-gray tobiano coat, with its irregular white patches along her shoulders, back, and hindquarters, were a bright spot midst the shadows. But first, Tor longed for friends. Companionship. She wished for her own herd, a family, protection. Second, Tor wanted to learn to heal. Third, she wanted to use her healing skills to help others- to lend out her services to the weaker and less fortunate, no matter how racist they might be.

What a despicable word- racist. Tor thought distastefully, picking her way through the brush. There are no races here- we are all equines. So why bother hating others? Mass-murderers, idiots, fools, stupid mares like me who don't want to fight. But no races. The white mare swished her thick cream tail, and nibbled on a clump of green grass near the roots of an oak. The mare's great head rose, and her gray nostrils flared pink. Nothing. Just the cloying scent of dirt, the fresh scent of dew on grass, and the sweet smell of the last blossoms before Orangemoon cut their life-source and they would die. Being a flower- how would that feel? The mare's idle mind conjured images of boredom, simply seeing this small patches of trees surrounded by forest for several long months.

Her jaw locked in protest as she yawned, teasing the kinks out of her neck and shoulders. Maybe someone would come along, and she could befriend them. If it came to a fight... well, she would most certainly be in trouble. Despite her towering height at 17.1 and broad muscled body, she had no heart for pain. That is why she longed to heal and love, and to spread her services through the lands. If only she had companionship. Perhaps she should travel to the veins of the god and seek the Earth God's help- or the Moon Goddess. But the Sun God would only bring destruction. No, not him.

Look at me, what a lonely fool I am. Tor realized despondently, and an audible sigh escaped her lips.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 450

Messages In This Thread
looking for life [open] - by Tor - 09-03-2012, 11:29 AM
RE: looking for life [open] - by Paladin - 09-05-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: looking for life [open] - by Tor - 09-05-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: looking for life [open] - by Paladin - 09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
RE: looking for life [open] - by Tor - 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: looking for life [open] - by Paladin - 09-11-2012, 11:36 PM