the Rift

[OPEN] Air Orchid

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She had been drug up by the clouds. Panic taking over each of her limbs. "NO! No! I don't want to die yet! I can't! I didn't get to say goodbye!" she whimpers and pleads, firmly believing that her body was being dragged to the heavens and far away from her family. She hadn't done well enough so they decided it was time for her to die.

Her sleep-deprived mind had forgotten that she had gone through this once before, and as she landed on the island vague points of recognition settled in the corners of her mind. Shuffling limbs began to carry her toward the cove of cherry blossoms. Valiance loomed ahead, watching for any dangers which might come to her, and when satisfied with the outcome he allowed for Resplendence to collapse in a pile of pink and white petals. "You. Safe. Sleep." He commanded, and her tired body instantly pulled her into some kind of sleep as her mind drifted off into its own little world of horrors.

Once more, she jerked awake to the sight of dead family members strewn around her. She couldn't save them, and she was the reason they were gone. Stumbling to her feet, sleepy eyes began to pull her back out across the area of the island. She would walk until she could find somewhere to settle - somewhere that the nightmares wouldn't come back for.

However, what she found was far from a nightmare, and far from a dream. She recalled having met this mare once before, the mare with a Fig tree upon her back. What was her name? Oh, she didn't know. It was too tiring for her to try and search through those memories. She wasn't able to deal with all of this just yet. So, instead, she inched in closer and closer before giving a gentle cough of warning. "Miss," she murmurs once she reaches her side. Then, she blinks, looking up to her, and tilting her cranium to the side a little. "Have we met before? Along the borders of the Edge?" she inquires, gentle eyes showing a small amount of the pain that had overwhelmed her soul, but otherwise doing a good job at attempting to mask it. And, for once, she wasn't trembling in her boots - probably because her mind was too exhausted to even start toward that level of anxiety.

Had she found a family member again? Another Edge member finally returning from the darkness?

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Air Orchid - by Fig - 10-28-2014, 06:03 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Resplendence - 10-30-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Fig - 10-31-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Resplendence - 11-10-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Air Orchid - by Fig - 11-11-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Resplendence - 11-12-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: Air Orchid - by Fig - 11-13-2014, 03:02 PM