the Rift

Tests can be fun (ArchibaldxDaemyn spar)

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
come on like a bloodstained hurricane

The sun was beginning to set over the World's Edge's forest and cover the foggy, wintry wonderland as a place of mystery and darkness. Archibald and his companion moved freely among the trees, skillfully staying upright despite the slick, wet snow beneath their feet. This place was oh, so much like the Mystic Woodlands that, at times, it brought Archibald back to his foal-hood. He remembered training with his mother and brothers among the ancient, towering trees. He learned how to defeat opponents and evade opponents in the woodlands, and he had also learned how to kill. He was born in darkness, molded by its endless caress, and he would never leave the darkness. It was not only his ally, but it was his being. Archibald was a dark knight, a warlord, a king among men, and would forever stand as such. His prowess in battle was ferocious and calculated, an entity to be envied by all and taught to few. His experience brought him here, now, as a beacon of leadership and skill signaling out to this new warrior in his army. Daemyn may have been promoted to Sergeant by their leaders, but Archibald was still the end-all-be-all as Captain, and it was his job to test this fledgling--in his eyes--before him.

Stepping between two dominating oaks, Archibald and Loretta appeared from the darkness. The clearing was well-lit, thus far, by the red and orange hues of a Frostfall sunset. The Dauntless nodded his greeting to the smaller stallion, making his way out towards him. "Loretta desires to use her muscles, but I understand that you do not have companion. It is your choice if she stays or not, and your choice also dictates whether I use my magic today or not." Archibald's ears flicked some, a black tail waving simply against his hocks. Golden eyes stared down at Daemyn's purple eyes, resembling the eyes of his dear friend Lakota. His body, however, did not resemble her's. Instead, this spotted boy was thick and powerful, on stout legs with a gentle curve that solidified in Archibald's mind his power for quick evasions. In a way, the Sergeant below him reminded the Dauntless of Ricochet, an adversary and enemy that had dug his own grave in the golden eyes of the once-Chief. Archibald had run the Incendiary out of the Foothills on several occasions, and would do so again should the need arise, but Archibald knew he did not need to treat Daemyn with the same ferocity and malice.

He would need to keep him close, surely, as he did all of his smaller opponents; but, this place that Daemyn had chosen was unforgiving. The snow, though powdery, was wet and slick. The attempt to run would prove futile, the Dauntless decided, and he wondered for a moment if Daemyn would be inexperienced enough to attempt this tactic. The scars that littered his pelt showed the kingly Captain that the boy had some experience, but whether those scars were trophies or disgraces. Snorting some, Archibald pinned his ears against his inky mane and narrowed his bright eyes. His stoic face showed his preparation for this battle, as well as the arching of his neck and the coiling of his muscles that followed. Turning to the left some, Archibald rotted a half circle around the spotted boy, his eyes never leaving his small but thick frame, before giving another snort that was a sure sign to the boy for him to begin.

Loretta, crouching some to lower her center of gravity, danced the opposite way of Archibald, her hackles raising and her lips peeling away from their resting position to display her slightly-yellowed, dangerous trap of teeth. She moved slightly further away from the equine pair, towards the trees, waiting for her commands. Should she be commanded to leave, the bitch would slip away into the forest, for it was incredibly challenging to control herself when she watched her bondmate fight without her.

[WC: 662 | PC: 0/3 | You did not specify a time of day, so I am setting this spar at sunset. | Good luck, Par! Have Daemyn attack in the next post, please.]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tests can be fun (ArchibaldxDaemyn spar) - by Archibald - 11-08-2014, 09:13 PM