Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj

comets fell from the sky
I took your breath, you took my sorrow

Drip...drip...drip...

The winter clock ticked onward. The forest fell to silent murmurs as his flock dispersed, leaving the King upon his throne beneath the creaking boughs and frozen branches. But he is not alone, for at his side the warmth emanates from his Queen, and he turns to regard her profile for a few long moments. They've had little time to talk alone, with the threat of this new darkness hanging around their heads. Soft words whisper into his ears from a prior season as his pale blues caress the lines he has long since memorized. "Does she bring joy to your life? Do you look forward to seeing her everyday? When you part do you miss her? Do you feel like a part of yourself is gone? Do you often imagine a future with her? Do you think about children?" Let it be said that Evangeline knew his heart and mind perhaps better than Kaj did. No, surely better than Kaj, for he was hopelessly lost on this path of love and desire.

And then from the past came her chilling answers to a question he could scarcely forget. "From your answers ... I don't think you're in love with her." Had he stopped to miss her in the time they'd been apart? Kaj could remember so vividly a time when she had been his entire world, when he longed to see her effervescent smile and hear the chime of her laughter. Did she even laugh anymore? He was ashamed to realize he did not know, the time had been so lengthy since they had met for anything aside business. Her face had wisened and grown with the duties she had bravely taken astride her shoulders. Kaj had doubted her in the past, her abilities to be a successful leader. He'd been proven wrong, again as Evangeline had predicted.

And there she was, the ever present maiden in his mind. Was he relying too heavily upon her? Was it something else?

The king angled himself to reach out and gently touch his lips to the soft spot behind Kahlua's jaw. Her scent was as sweet as he recalled, but it had been long since he'd last indulged in it. Pulling away, fearing that her feelings too had changed over time, Kaj kept his touch brief. Even still he could not pull his eyes from her. When had he blinked, only to find her so drastically changed?

"Kahlua?" he murmured, only to find himself without words. Recalling her confession of love while he stood bleeding in a bubbling spring, only to learn that she saw him merely as a heart in the form of a prison. Did she even still love him?

Was he even deserving of it?

@[Kahlua]

Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
PS (I Love You?) - by Kaj - 10-29-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: PS (I Love You?) - by Kahlua - 11-04-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: PS (I Love You?) - by Kaj - 11-06-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: PS (I Love You?) - by Kahlua - 11-09-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: PS (I Love You?) - by Kaj - 11-14-2014, 11:09 PM