[PRIVATE] PS (I Love You?)

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj

comets fell from the sky
I took your breath, you took my sorrow

Her silence was unorthodox, foreign to the quiet behemoth at her side. She was supposed to be sunlight and spring water, a prism of delight and a euphoria for life and the love she held for it. Though with the darkness consuming the world she'd attempted to flee so long ago, Kaj supposed even the Sunshower could not drown out the dreary clouds. Though he assumes that she can feel his eyes on her, there is no indication that she intends to turn and face him, but he has more than enough on his mind himself to occupy the time he awaits for her to confront him. It does not come, no matter how many times he traces the familiar caverns of color in her distant eyes, seeing something he cannot envision nor comprehend. Her mind had always been to sporadic, too colorful and imaginative for someone as simple-minded as him to understand. Seeking her attention, he leans for her, and she melts into his touch like the icicles he'd previously been contemplating.

It's almost endearing, how she so easily recognizes and surrenders to him, but it also casts a warm glow in his chest to know that she trusts him enough to let go so easily. Then again, he was perhaps overestimating that, as Kahlua was quick to trust and already an open book. Seeing her response to the single touch, Kaj stepped closer, automatically lifting his wing to drape comfortably over her spine. Tugging her closer as gently as he could, allowing her the time and strength to pull away and deny him. Though he hoped that would not be the case, so long had it been since he'd last held her so close.

Her azures are bright and all-consuming in his field of vision as she turns to him, but the words are what captivates him most. Kahlua was not one for philosophical musings, she was simplistic and happy. Perhaps she, too, had been spending too many hours alongside Evangeline? Kaj hid a smile at the thought. Instead, he focused on the sadness that clung like sap to every plane of her pretty face, frowning himself to see her so distraught. Defeated was perhaps a better word, for she seemed hollow, like she'd lost something vital that had made her shine so brightly and given her title meaning.

Brushing his lips to the flat plane of her forehead, Kaj hummed in thoughtfulness, turning to stare into the distance as if they had exchanged roles. "I want...meaning. I want to be more than a single blip in a galaxy of existence, to leave something to be remembered by. Foals, friends, actions...I want to have a purpose." Deep voice rumbled in complete candidness, slowly turning to gaze upon her once more. "Perhaps you should start small. Seek joy, seek peace. It is not a requirement, nor is there a deadline for your decision." If Kaj could lift even one burden from her shoulders, he would not hesitate.

Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
PS (I Love You?) - by Kaj - 10-29-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: PS (I Love You?) - by Kahlua - 11-04-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: PS (I Love You?) - by Kaj - 11-06-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: PS (I Love You?) - by Kahlua - 11-09-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: PS (I Love You?) - by Kaj - 11-14-2014, 11:09 PM