the Rift

[OPEN] Black bird pie
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I wasn’t sure where to start this strange venture. So I began where everyone else did – at the horrible site where Vesta had taken her last breath and seen her killer for who he or she had been. If only I could travel back to that place in time. Revisit those last moments, taste the air that she’d inhaled and memorize the scent of those final seconds. “May ye rest easy,” I whispered to the air, for ears that would never hear and a voice that couldn’t answer. Forever silenced.

There was no trace of essence that would link me to anyone, but on the body are traces of hair that had fallen free from her attacker. Dark hair. Black hair.

Fina scoffed at how close I was to a pungent corpse and turned her beak aside. “Gross. Mind ye don't nuzzle it.” She muttered unkindly in her lofty sort of manner. My stomach sloshed a little at the mere notion. Little Neve stirred against the feathers of my nape, starting to wake from a peaceful slumber. I quickly withdrew and turned from the murder scene, heading inward across the island. It was high noon, a warmish sun gave off peaceful rays of light that kept the chilling cold at bay.

My mind slipped to a Basin cur as our possible murderer – who else would have a keen dislike for those of dragon origin and considering it was only unicorns that were granted safe passage into the Basin...had Vesta perhaps traveled to close to their borders? Perhaps it was bias of me to jump on such ponders so easily, but that is the privilege of private thinking. It might not be them anyways, perhaps our killer was a mare or stallion that’d traveled in from the shadowlands – the dead place that was unfit for those of us who are living.

Then there was the clues nature left us. Moss, worms and raining frogs. What did it all mean? How would the pieces form a connection?

@[Desperado]
@[Sialia]

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Black bird pie - by Midas - 10-30-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Black bird pie - by Desperado - 11-04-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Black bird pie - by Sialia - 11-05-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: Black bird pie - by Midas - 11-06-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: Black bird pie - by Desperado - 11-13-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Black bird pie - by Sialia - 11-18-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: Black bird pie - by Midas - 11-20-2014, 10:57 PM