the Rift

[OPEN] Black bird pie
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I realized that we were being followed not long after taking leave of that bloody corpse; Fina took note of this as well. She watched the dappled stallion from my rear, relatively unconcerned by him and more occupied with grooming her flashy tail. The stranger made no attempt to conceal himself and for many long moments I figured we were simply trailing the same road by happens chance. Those creamy colored hooves kept coming forward though, fixed toward our position. Eventually the distance between us was closed enough that I’m forced to regard him.

Honeyed gaze turns to his emerald stare with a reasonable amount of questions filtering forth. I didn’t have to wait long, the fellow started speaking. His tone and words sparked my interest, brows rose and a small smile flitted across my mug, “Hail,” I replied with a short dip of my crown, ebony chin just barely brushed the golden gem that lay imbedded in silver and steel. He offered the suggestion of a proposition, “So says ye?” Ears drifted curiously forward.

Neve peeked her head higher to look past my feathers. He stated clear intentions and claimed to have a mind for finding those of murderous intent. Partners? My smile grew and eyes glazed over with the sheen of consideration, “Those who tend to understand murderers are often killers themselves.” It wasn’t an accusation, simply a fact of truth.

We’d been tailed by someone else. She comes forward, a dark woman from the north. Aye, I could taste the smell of Basin lingering on her flesh. Features tighten and the smile I wore vanishes into a lean frown. Clearly she desires to join us on…whatever quest was to come of this. Sialia. Yar, I had half a mind to turn her away, my patience is thin and growing lighter by each moment – but, say true, a Basin mare could be useful in gaining Intel from a clan that would otherwise be out of our reach. If our killer was hiding in their numbers.

“Well met, Sialia.” Does my tone sound strained? Aye. But at least I’m replying and not scowling, “My name is Midas,” muzzle shifted round to point toward my flaming companion and the shy ice colored fledgling, “They are called Fina and Neve.” Earth had schooled me to find forgiveness and let go of old resentments. When I looked upon this woman I couldn’t help but wonder if he was testing me.

Dark mind indeed. Perhaps hers isn’t really as dark as mine.

“Does either of ye have a guess as to whom the murderer might be?” I could label none and would set the blame to nobody as of yet.

@[Desperado]
@[Sialia]

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Black bird pie - by Midas - 10-30-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Black bird pie - by Desperado - 11-04-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Black bird pie - by Sialia - 11-05-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: Black bird pie - by Midas - 11-06-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: Black bird pie - by Desperado - 11-13-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Black bird pie - by Sialia - 11-18-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: Black bird pie - by Midas - 11-20-2014, 10:57 PM