the Rift

[OPEN] On the inside
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

My heart felt empty, numb, and fragile in this moment. Cool and callus as the frigid air. Everything I’d ever loved...I’d pushed aside – leaving my friends and family hungry for love, while I chased dreams. But what about us? They cried. My spirit had ignored their pleas. Ebony crown dipped lower, as if suddenly it was too heavy for me carry high any longer. Fina tightened her talons and gently nudged my mind with a tender and warm caress. She reminded me of all the good that had come of my choices and that I wasn’t truly alone – she and Neve are with me.

“Earth is with thee.” A firm reminder with small amounts of kindness. It wasn’t in her nature to be overly kind and understanding. But she felt my sorrow and was trying for the sake of our bond. For my sake.

“Aye,” I whispered aloud. Her words and Neve’s shy fledgling chortle give me a welcome wash of comfort. “Has ye ever considered courting another mare?” Fina had been there when Ktulu broke our commitment. Shredded our bond like it meant nothing. Those years had been a waste.

Though the fault was split, I felt a majority of our responsibility in contributing to why we failed. That temptress could have relinquished her title just as easily. Yet neither of us did, instead we chose to lead others over our own families.

After a quiet lapse I replied, “There had been one I thought to court,” the image of a woman flashes unbidden through my mind, I didn’t bother hiding this vision from either companion. Who are they going to tell? Nobody. Her gentle voice is a whisper and soft eyes a memory, “She belongs to another man.” Fina stared on, fixing to say something, before becoming distracted. Aqua gaze turned, she swiveled her flaming head to look at something behind us.

I stiffened subconsciously before following her gaze by looking up and around. Neve peeked a curious head higher above my swash of feathers that she’d made into a nest; curious, as was natural for a child. The ice princess was interested in seeing all that we saw (at least for a moment.) A mare, adorned with the horns of a stag and crowned by a ring of ice. Aye, and she was coming toward us. Already there is a tender smile gliding politely across her curved muzzle; the sweet looking lass bore a face that I note as lovely and beautiful to look upon. Delicate, graceful. Enough to stir any man. The perfect image of a mature female that bore both confidence and experience.

My head rose and locks of black fell across both eyes as I forcefully chase those shadows back in the vault which they’d come. “Well met,” I’m surprised by how sleek my tone sounds, despite the strain to appear welcoming when all I wanted to do was wallow in self-pity for a few hours longer. Frame turns to regard her and to also allow room should she desire a place at Earth’s shrine.

The phoenix notices that our company isn’t alone and she notices long before I do. Her stare juts toward heaven just as the beat of wings drift to my ears. A pearl colored griffin elegantly alights beside our company. It is a magnificent creature, just as refined in appearance as the one it was bonded to.

Words, that cry for my pardon. Capturing my attention and somehow teasing a frown that lingers on my face into a small but genuine smile, “There is no intrusion,” my previous moments of dread suddenly seem less important. I nod toward her companion, the mighty griffin, “Likewise dear friend,” grin widens, “I’ve only ever heard of griffins in the stories my da used to tell.” Fina fluffed her feathers, shinning ever brighter to demand all the attention.

She was used to being complimented and seemed obsessed with being fawned over. Neve lifts higher, rising from my nape to stand and look over my spine. She catches sight of the griffin and quickly sinks back down. Eyes wide and fearful. “My name is Midas,” gaze turns to the firebird, “she is called, Fina.” My silent urges for Neve to rise are unsuccessful, “Neve is a little shy.” I crane round, muzzle gently nuzzling the quiet little bundle that was suddenly wishing to play dead.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
On the inside - by Midas - 11-03-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 11-03-2014, 09:56 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 11-09-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 12-22-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 01-18-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: On the inside - by Midas - 11-04-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: On the inside - by Midas - 11-11-2014, 10:44 PM