the Rift

[OPEN] On the inside

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Fina’s body bristled as she hissed a Wynter. Arah chuckled at the exchange between the two rare creatures. "Perhaps she’s also just defending her newborn sister." Turning her eyes back to Neve, Arah settled her gaze on the smallest creature. The zephyr was still tucked up under the folds of Midas’ mane, her shyness was simply adorable. Ever since her bonding with Wynter Arah had begun to experience the world differently, the bond with had children had shattered when both of her girls were still rather young, Wynter however had refused to leave her side since day one. It was the snowy griffin that held her soul tenderly, the company and companionship of Wynter that had put her back together in the end.

At the mention of his home, Arah tilted her crowned head ever so slightly scrutinising the handsome stallion before her. It had come as a surprise to her, she had been expecting him to retire in the Dragon’s Throat, after all was that not the home of the winged warriors? Then again, she did not much about the Falls and it was too early to judge the new herd that resided in there by the standards of the pasts residents. Feeling his tender gaze upon her form the doe looked up catching his gaze within her own, her own gaze is delicate; without the taint of judgement, but her expression is gently laced with confusion. "I admit I had pictured you within the Throat." He would shine against the sandy lands, his appeal had a beautiful golden tint to it. Shaking her head the doe smiled and let it pass dropping her gaze to the ground.
Insecurity filled her as she felt his gaze upon her pelt at the confession of her own choices when it came to a home. Perhaps it was too much of an ask not to be judged by where she had decided to live. Already she was outlandish to some within the the Basin’s herd, but she prided herself in the loyalty she had displayed after all this time. Yet she still did often think of changing her life style, leaving those darker days to the past.

She is winter and he is summer. Two different beings and yet they had stumbled upon each other in the home of gods, a land Arah liked to think of as neutral. Her admission of where she resided had (in her opinion) taken some courage to admit, in the past she had been judged for it, Lakota had certainly proven that in the end words where just empty promises. Watching him closely when she speaks her next words, her heart sinks slightly as his soft smile falters for a moment, confusion ripples across his noble face. At the mention of it being a privilege to visit her home the doe snorts quietly. After a moment she glances away acting as if she is searching for her missing companion. Nay, it would not be a privilege for someone like him, it would be a disaster.

His inquiry causes the doe to pause before answering. They had been honest so far had they not? "Depends." Her delicate hymn is quiet and her dainty body shies away from his, almost as if shielding herself from any rebuff. A sadness filled "There are some…" The sentence dies in her throat, there are some what? Arrogance? Distrustful characters? Unfairness? They were still her family though, still not meeting his eyes the doe chooses her words with great caution. "Difficulties." For someone with such a gentle soul, Arah felt this was the most honest way to describe her feelings towards The Basin. "I don’t agree with most things they stand for but they picked me from The Threshold." With a tinkling laugh she concludes simply. "Perhaps I am just stubborn but I’ve chosen to remain loyal." The doe knew the histories, she had been there through a few of the most recent wars, she had even attempted to fight in some. Just as she knew about the racism that was never spoken of, yet it was everywhere. Unicorn supremacy. The thought gave her no pleasure.

The next thing he said caught her quite off guard. He would allow her into his home? After all she had just admitted to? With a grin the doe nodded a few times studying Midas with a friendly gaze. "Oh yes." Excitement now laces her tones, the sadness from before had disappeared completely. With a elegant toss of her mane and her eyes alight with excitement, Arah could hardly conceal the joy she felt at his trust he decided to place in her. "I would like that Midas." Then she fell silent, inviting him to her own home was not as easy, she did not have the ability to make sure a call. Taking a moment to contemplate her next words, she speaks them carefully. "Perhaps in the future, you would be welcome to see mine." The doubt is clear in her tones, and her expression is one of disappointment in her own inability to bridge a gap between his family and hers.

Wynter’s arrival was a flurry of wings and the Griffin descended onto Arah’s back, the landing was soft and Wynter was mostly silent as she curled atop the doe’s shoulders and immediately fell asleep. Chuckling at the display of the griffin Arah shook her head and turned back to Midas. Her golden orbs sparkled as she studied him.
@[Midas]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
On the inside - by Midas - 11-03-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 11-03-2014, 09:56 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 11-09-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 12-22-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 01-18-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: On the inside - by Midas - 11-04-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: On the inside - by Midas - 11-11-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: On the inside - by Midas - 12-24-2014, 11:05 PM