the Rift

[OPEN] On the inside
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Just as the pale one looked to be a lady of the North, preconceived notions are a hard thing to break. Yet she lures another velvet smile of polite amusement after mentioning that a desert life would have suited me. Say true, the mare was correct, "Aye, ye falls to proper footing. I was born and reared in Dragons Throat." Yar, so did this body bleed for the Throat, and sacrifice much in their name. All for the honor of blood and sand; but no longer was this soul their king, the Sultan of those lands. A son of the desert. My future lay as Czar, a representative to the god of my father. Among his thundering falls.

Her answer to my question is mixed with doubt, and what I guess as uncomfortable uncertainty. I think that it must be difficult to build a family in a land that holds little of similar ideals to your own. Arah does however, express an impressive quality that few are inclined to show, loyalty. "I'm glad to hear it," such a rare creature this lady was. She made me wonder if there was still light in the dark, twisted hearts of some Basin folk after all. Lena had been kind enough; perhaps my judgment was backwards thinking.

Maybe with enough time the Northern unicorns could change their outlook of the world and in turn see our vantage to a positive result. "There are few treasures more valuable than a loyal heart."

She is gracious as expected and accepts my invitation for a later date; I didn't expect one in return. Maybe one day these eyes would see those snowy peaks, decked out in their warm Frostfall nightcaps, "The future holds many possibilities," I glance over her face, musing to myself if she had even an inkling of a hope for such ventures in our lifetime, "Perhaps a visit to thee home is among them." It was always easier to doubt, so much more difficult to grasp at a fragile thing such as dreams.

So much like glass, it broke if bent beyond reason and once shattered -- it was nearly impossible to repairs. "If there was more such as ye," a gentle sign whelped behind my moist lips, I exhaled a cool breath and finished, "There would be little cause for wars." Tis not just a compliment, though the girl would likely take it as such. Those words are a glimpse into the ideals behind the layers of reservation. If only our world was full of reasonable folk.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
On the inside - by Midas - 11-03-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 11-03-2014, 09:56 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 11-09-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 12-22-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 01-18-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: On the inside - by Midas - 11-04-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: On the inside - by Midas - 11-11-2014, 10:44 PM