the Rift

[OPEN] On the inside
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Kindness. Goodness. Mayhaps I'd spoken out of turn. How did a mortal measure others when we can't even set a ruler to own morals? Was our guideline the comparison of other wounded souls? The draw of worth based on how many sins we didn't commit in a full cycle of yon sun? We based the genuineness of a soul by the honorable or dishonorable things they'd done. But what did we know of another's strife or inner conflict?

Yar, the mass could do nothing aside from clash their teeth together in battle against foes that shouldn't stand as foe. Foam at the mouth for whores and wenches, then justify their actions with a clenched jaw full of entitlement.

I smiled, though tis a grin that feels false. The lady seemed a spotless cherub compared to the stained solider that stood before her. Yar, Arah couldn't have known my heart in these brief moments of conversation. Though I spoke with truth upon my tongue (as was schooled by a stern Da,) what did either of us know of true mercy or kindness? Goodness. "I say thank ye," tone is soft, almost a rasp. She bows to me, an unworthy spirit, yet I receive it in kind. Gaze shifts to the distant hills. My time here was coming to a close, "The eve grows short, best I return home." Crown slips low, "Long days and pleasant night to ye." Maybe a day would come that true wisdom and understanding became more than a wisp the old, wise ones chased.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
On the inside - by Midas - 11-03-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 11-03-2014, 09:56 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 11-09-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 12-22-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: On the inside - by Arah - 01-18-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: On the inside - by Midas - 11-04-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: On the inside - by Midas - 11-11-2014, 10:44 PM