the Rift

[OPEN] When I feel the bullets graze against my skin

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Dear fellow traveller,
under the moon

Thoughtful, Sacre lifted one cloven hoof and slammed it down on an innocent, wrinkled leaf. There was an audible thump as his foot hit the floor and the boy simply stared at it. He had always been a carefree child, one that never relented to set backs or challenges, and it was almost like he was a beacon of hope to spite his own lineage; his own blood. Yet, right now he was different. The boy was exposed to strange kinds of emotion that consisted of desperation, confusion, anger, and sadness. He couldn’t even pretend to be happy or cover up the anguish that lined his features so dominantly. It hurt in his chest and took over his mind, a lump formed in his throat and finally he felt the ferocity that threatened to topple him. Burning questions raged and there was no one around to answer them. Not one single soul.

That was until he felt her closeness.

The familiar fond scent drifted to his nostrils and the touch forced a sharp intake of breath as he dragged himself out of the hole of despair. Tandavi! There was a flood of affection and gratitude he felt for her at once, a burdened blue eye drifted to see the flashes of flaxen and fire that made up her pretty appearance. For a while he said nothing, what could he say? His lips wouldn’t move, the young stallion couldn’t even find a way to put what he felt into words, how should he tell of his own mother’s death? Was there a right way? He wished she could just see into him and understand the cause of his sorrow. The boy worried that if he tried to tell her then he might just crumble here and now, he wanted to lean into her comforting side and yet he didn’t want to burden her. Perhaps if he were as cold hearted as his father then he would deal with this kind of thing better. Was this the price of the path he had chosen? In his stubborn decision to cast aside his family had he become weak hearted?

Am I mother? Am I too weak? He swallowed and took several deep breaths. Inari wandered solemnly over to Natraj and attempted to sit down next to the darker fox, he made no noise whilst his bushy white tipped tail wrapped around his body. Sacre made a move to brush his shoulder against the orange one of Tandavi’s and finally he turned his head to view her close profile with a sorry excuse for a half smile. He couldn’t muster the strength to push away the sadness and his gaze wavered with frailty as he struggled to form words. Why were their meetings always fraught with overwhelming feelings these days? A time may come when they can have a normal conversation about the weather and other trivial herd gossip.

”My chest hurts” his voice cracked with pain that wasn’t the physical kind. For a moment it was all he could manage to put into words before finally he gathered the required courage to explain the reason behind his sorry state ”After a long time I finally found my mother. She was in the meadow where my twin and me were born, lifeless. Dead.”

@[Tandavi]
ooc; <33 Tandavi is welcome anytime ;~;

image by strideroo

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: When I feel the bullets graze against my skin - by Sacre - 11-11-2014, 07:09 PM