the Rift

[PRIVATE] If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
The half-child’s heart wavers as he waits, lingering, swaying, sighing, trying to figure out a solution to this mystery who’s solution evades him; however, his indecision is broken and his desire to leave destroyed when his beautiful mother exits the tent. He all but bounds to her, gangly legs flying beneath the half-child in a magnanimous display of emotion, beyond any that he has provided in many, many months. His nose reaches out and his neck curves to the side, trying to entangle his mother in his grasp, pull her close, press his body against her, and be the child that he really is instead of the adult he tries to be.

Surprised by the suddenly display, Tobias balks, stepping back slightly as he tries to make sense of what has just occurred. But Adelric is in no mind to calm the cervid as he presses against his mother still, breathing in her scent, feeling the soft touch of her hairs against his own. “Mother,” he says, the word breathy and quiet as his eyes close. To be close to her again is to be safe, to be home. He lingers for a moment longer, daring to steal her time, daring to be close to her, not questioning if she wants this or not, before he steps back at last. “We looked everywhere for you,” he says with a frown, his voice deeper than she has known before, but still childish in many ways.

“We met dad…” he whispers then, hoping she is not upset, for he thinks she tried to protect him and his sister from the evil man that was his father. She just couldn’t protect them forever. “He’s dead,” he says then, voice confused rather than sad. Is mother happy he is gone, or sad? Does she know? How will she take this news? But there is more, so he shifts and wobbles, looking to the ground and pawing at the dirt. It is Tobias who finally gives him strength, stepping forth and pressing his muzzle against Adelric’s side. He nods, understanding. He has to tell her, even though he doesn’t want to.

“Zunden wanted to go to the Basin, mother, to live like father…” He looks from left to right, trying to ensure that nobody else is near, that the lie he told at the Basin border will remain safe for now. “I had to go, to protect her and keep her safe. I couldn’t… I couldn’t just let her leave on her own,” he finishes, looking to this beautiful woman with sorrow in his eyes. He needs her, but he needs Zunden two, and his heart is torn in two that he cannot be in both places at once. Will she understand? He steps forward again, trying to reach out his nose to touch her, hoping she will not rebuke his advances. She will not forsake him, will she?

@[Kiara]
Adelric
We only have what we give.
x - x
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on - by Adelric - 12-02-2014, 02:11 PM