the Rift

[OPEN] All My Sleeves are Stained Red

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

The sound of forced laughter is a harrowing sound. Tears were real; tears were tangible. Laughter forced from another's lips the mark of a soul with a tale to tell.

Hearing real laughter dance from her lips left him with a goofy grin. He had set that into motion. "Now that is a pretty laugh! Do it again? " He winked at her playfully.

The filly didn't only have a pelt that looked as if it had been made of a patch of the nighttime sky. She reminded him of it also, full of mystery yet here he stood rooted to the ground simply watching her. She seemed so far out of his reach. As he took Faeanne in she left him with more questions about who she was and her troubles than what he had whenever he had first approached.

"I am Caenan, formerly belonged to a band of pirates," his eyes brightened in the memory of his mother and father. "But they 'ave since de-banded. So now it is just me, my shadow, an' I. There was not much sadness to be heard in his words. Caenan missed his family but had been young and only had faint memories from his past left.

"You know what.." Caenan looked to the filly, wanting to make eye contact with her. "Close your eyes. Take a deep breath of the salty air. Now take a few steps forward to feel the water lapping at your hooves.

Caenan had closed his eyes and was doing the same. He had no idea if Faeanne was listening to him or not. Still he continued talking hoping she didn't think of him as having gone mad. But perhaps he was; the stallion was mad for the ocean. It ignited a passion in him that could not be touched in the same manner by anything else. Plus the stallion had thought of a way to cheer the filly using his beloved sea.

"This is where all water runs to. Perhaps the waves are nothing more than the water droplets celebrating their success." His lips were left upturned at the thought of giddy water droplets and the smile could be heard in his voice.

"Some of the water takes the path of rushing rivers, others prefer babbling streams, and some of it falls as rain.

The rushing river tosses the droplets about with little care. Although the water droplets get to the sea quickly I am sure that it isn't a way one would always wish to travel.

A babbling stream gently guides the droplets on their way singing them a soothing song throughout their journey. But along the way they must repay the stream by taking the time to polish the stones that they pass. I don't know if you have ever attempted to polish a stone but it is hard work.

As rain each droplet falls as an individual. With no one to cling to it carves its own path. Around it its fellow droplets do the same.

It teaches us three lessons: Remember that there are all different ways for getting to the same path. You are never alone in your journey. And most importantly, that not a single one of us is insignificant. After all, if you start removing water from the Endless Blue bit by bit we would create the end of her. Each droplet matters.

That is what I think of whenever I start feeling down. I apply my situation to one of the paths of the water droplets and I push forward in the same way that they do. I thought it might help you too.

He felt as if it was a fumbling attempt to get his idea to Faeanne, but Caenan had done his best. Never before had the stallion shared his way of coping with life's hard hitting kicks but he hoped that by sharing it he had helped the filly.

What made you decide to leave the Edge for the Throat? Is that what has you sad?"

@[Faeanne]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Messages In This Thread
All My Sleeves are Stained Red - by Faeanne - 11-05-2014, 12:11 PM
RE: All My Sleeves are Stained Red - by Caenan - 11-09-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: All My Sleeves are Stained Red - by Faeanne - 11-09-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: All My Sleeves are Stained Red - by Caenan - 11-14-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: All My Sleeves are Stained Red - by Faeanne - 11-14-2014, 11:20 PM