the Rift

Darkness rises (Drom)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Of all people why her? A sweet, fragrant musk is on the wind; it prances daintily across my nostrils and is the only warning I’d receive as to whom was answering the call of a warrior. Why was Drom responding to my battle cry? The dark expression of forlorn and quiet desperation doesn’t change when she emerges from the timberline with eyes bright and mouth set toward the purpose of accepting this challenge. My name drifts to the air and every muscle on my body tightens in response. Honeyed gaze drops when she lowers her eyes. I was praying, hoping that this little storyteller would report something favorable, or simply wish me well and travel on. Nar. She did neither and made a clear impression that her purpose tonight was this dance. A dance with her king and overseer.

I looked up, attempting to find her gaze. “Back down,” I thought, “because I will fight ye, say true; but I don’t know if I can hold back.” Of course she couldn’t hear this, nor could the sandy colored woman understand what was racing in my mind. Or how close the fragile fragments are to snapping clean in half, if some steam wasn’t blown off. Tonight I’d wanted a seasoned warrior who could take my blows and not bleed or bleat in agony. To unleash the full measure of wrath.

If I waltzed with Drom this eve, would my loose leash of control snap during the fray? Could I control the painful jabs of lonely pent up energy that was trapped within my heart? Steadily she waited for me to make a move.

Gaze hardened when the girl didn’t step away, “Drom…” I whispered, “Ye doesn’t realize what thee asks from me tonight.” Forelimbs stretch, stepping toward her with quiet little taps against the frozen earth. Each strike leaves a trail of golden prints in my wake. “I don’t want to hurt ye,” would my husky tone frighten her away? I so dearly hoped it would, better to apologize for tone than for broken bones and a scars.

OCC: Sorry ^^; Midas is being….meh…

Attack: (0/3)

@[Dröm]

Time flies, knells call, life passes, so hear my prayer
Birth is nothing but death begun, so hear my prayer
Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Darkness rises (Drom) - by Midas - 11-06-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Darkness rises (Drom) - by Dröm - 11-11-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Darkness rises (Drom) - by Midas - 11-12-2014, 12:20 PM
RE: Darkness rises (Drom) - by Dröm - 11-17-2014, 02:05 AM