the Rift

[OPEN] As dark as day, as cold as fire (2)

Naira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Naira..

A voice on the wind, whispering and haunting, is what finally hushes them. I look around, confused. Where had it come from? Whose was it? Perhaps it's someone I know, or knew. A long lost friend that has finally caught up. If only I had one of those. Would things be easier? Would this impossibly heavy strain rest upon my shoulders, haunting me day by day? Yet, the hardest part is not knowing what the strain is, or what's caused it.

It's just...there. But it burns, it's cool. It's hard, it's soft. It's heavy, but so light. It's strange, unreal. And then there's her. well, she's not here anymore. I felt her presence slowly fading in the last time, yet somehow I knew it was going to happen. She was just another soul bound to leave, abandon me.

A breeze picks up, bringing a scent with the cold. It's strange, like I can not quite figure out who it belongs to, but it's so familiar. I put down my head and wander after the scent. I stop when I finally see him though. Vale. Ah, an old...friend. If anybody could ever deserve that title. And that makes me wander, is there really even a thing such as a friend? Probably not. Maybe for some.....

A soft, utterly beautiful voice whispers a lullaby in my ear as the sun breaks over the horizon, and for a minute I stop to look at it's beauty.

But then I move forward once again, approaching the darkling from the back. I stop next to him. "I do not hide. As you said, hiding is pointless. You'll just be found in the end. And you? Why are you out at such an unlikely time? Running from your demons perhaps?" I say, although my voice is hollow.

I am yet to figure the monster-eyed one out, yet to read him. But I find the characters of this land hard to read, and I'll leave it for now.

Dawn brings some peace, and I shall not disrupt it.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Vale]

Winds of change...
Marco Monetti At Flicker.com

Messages In This Thread
As dark as day, as cold as fire (2) - by Naira - 11-07-2014, 02:12 AM
RE: As dark as day, as cold as fire (2) - by Vale - 11-08-2014, 07:59 AM
RE: As dark as day, as cold as fire (2) - by Naira - 11-11-2014, 04:33 AM