the Rift

[DROP] Stained Glass :: DARK/WIND QUEST DROP.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

The Deep Forest. Ophelia had claimed here was where she had her vision of death raining from the sky and blood filling the water - and now? Now they'd witnessed Hel's hand reaching out to grasp another. Concerned that the woman he cared for was more burdened than she deserved by this vision, the Bloodskald decided he would pay this forest a visit and see if he could learn anything from its pervasive solitude as well.

'No alone,' Irelyn's voice called out to him through their bond and the rabicano frowned. Not alone? In a place like this? Who else would be here, and why?

But his question was immediately answered when his piercing blue eyes caught sight of the most wondrous figure, and his breath caught in his chest.

'Ugh, no.' Irelyn's disgust at his reaction was so palpable it almost had flavor, but Torleik shook his head.

'No, Irelyn - that's...that's a goddess...' he trailed, hesitant to step any closer and break the spell. How could he remain motionless, though, when the Goddess of the Moon was before him? He'd wanted nothing more than to see her since the moment he arrived in this place and learned of the gods, to profess his loyalty and seek her favor, to receive praise for his devout heart. The dual-horned stallion didn't want this for pride, didn't need his good behavior acknowledged for something else to add to his list of accomplishments; he longed for her approval like a small child longs for the approval of his mother - for a sense of love, a sense of...validation.

A rustle of movement caught his ears and, not surprisingly, Torleik saw others congregating as well. When the gods descended, the residents of Helovia always gathered. Fools. They were naught but children, most of them. They didn't know what it meant to have faith. Approaching slowly, Irelyn nestled firmly between his shoulders, the stallion kept his gaze on her hooves until he drew close enough to feel perhaps he'd gained her attention.

Dropping to a bow, he touched his horns to the ground, a sign of deep respect amongst his people. "My lady," the Bloodskald breathed, and paused. What could he even say? "All my life I have wished to see the goddess whose full moon shined down upon my birth, heard stories of your beauty and grace. All the tales can do you no justice; words fail you, as they fail me now," he finished, rising from his bow but keeping his gaze from her face.

His heart hammered. He wanted nothing from this exchange, truly, but memories of the Sun God's harsh treatment of him flashed to mind. Would she throw him from her presence as he had? That would be a far greater wound than the God of Fire's rejection. He prayed the Goddess of the Moon would not be so cruel.

"talk talk talk"

----------------------------------------------------------------
WC: 483 according to Word

Summary: Torleik is there for his own reasons, sees Moon Goddess and is like omg let me worship you because <3. He also totally ignores the others here because they're dirty commoners who don't understand how awesome the Moon Goddess is.

Wishlist:: Torleik seeks armor from the Moon Goddess. The armor will be leather and chainmail, with two sharp metal caps to tip his horns. It will appear in dark smoke when summoned, and exist as a Valknut tattoo on his right shoulder when not in use.

Refusal 1
Refusal 2
Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stained Glass :: DARK/WIND QUEST DROP. - by Torleik - 11-08-2014, 01:59 PM