the Rift

[DROP] Stained Glass :: DARK/WIND QUEST DROP.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.

No one notices me, not really. The first mare to arrive (I guess drawn in by the purple-lady's beauty too), nods towards me. I nod back, trying to draw myself up to my full height (which still isn't very tall). I am a representative of the Throat after all, and so far, I don't see any others from my herd here. I look at her politely, noting that she has both wings and a horn like Father does, and like the purple-lady does. Do lots have both wings and a horn? Mother doesn't ... Ivezho and I don't..

Before I can lose myself in self doubt about my physical appearance, the purple-lady speaks. To me. I feel my knees grow slightly weaker, as if her gaze alone is pushing me into the ground. Her words make me feel small: of course I am. Oh. I feel like an idiot.

Apparently girls know when they are pretty and don't need you to tell them. Okay. Lesson learned.

The others don't really take note of me, and from what I can see as more and more assemble, I am the only one from the Throat. I let my wings drop slightly from my sides revealing the burning pattern of embers that lay beneath my feathers - I know they aren't anywhere near as impressive as the flames that burn along Father's wings, but at least it's something; something to let them know where I come from.

As the Goddess begins to speak, addressing those who have arrived, I want to shrink back. Her tone sounds ... well, it sounds like ice. The kind of ice that can cut you. As she moves the big stallion who swore against I tree, I actually shake a little. But I remember what the bird-lady told me about bravery, and try to stand still. I don't know much about it yet, but I'm trying.

Speak one word ?

I think. Why am I here? Well. It was to follow Father; is that my word then? A voice in the back of my mind gently tells me no ... the only reason why I was following Father was to try and learn about flying ... and the only reason I wanted to learn about flying was so that I could learn about bravery (because flying is scary, as well as hard).

Bravery. But the only reason I wanted to learn about bravery was because of the bird-lady.

So bird-lady? Is that one word? Or two? Ah! I'm not sure - Mother and I hadn't gotten that far into our lessons. I think it's one ... maybe I'll just say it really fast so it sounds like one.

"Birdlady".

Rhoa's word is bird-lady.

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stained Glass :: DARK/WIND QUEST DROP. - by Rhoa - 11-12-2014, 12:33 PM