the Rift

[OPEN] Those are new
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Comfortable silence had passed between herself and Torleik when he invited her into the Basin. But, what caught her eye this time were two, massive metal equids which stood firm against the blowing wind and snow. She looked up at the metallic beasts staring her down, and she mused that they did an excellent job at being impressive and menacing guardians of the narrow entrance. Fortunately, traveling with Torleik seemed to excuse her of their scrutiny, so she went inside the Aurora Basin for the first time.

All of their other dealings had occurred where the sentinels now stood, and she had never been allowed past until now. She looked around at the trees and marveled at the fact that down here, in the valley, the air was much warmer. Caves seemed to line the mountains, offering shelter and homes, and steam rising from water meant hot springs! Ophelia had not seen hot springs since she had met Osiris in the Boar Caves of her homeland. She had only been a baby then... So long ago...

For a brief moment, she parted from Torleik's company, choosing to regard her new "home" in all its detail. She still could not quite consider this place as hers, not when she knew who lived inside. Though she did not doubt the Bloodskald's clout within these borders, she had deeper history in Helovia that many here may not appreciate. Psyche was her aunt, but an enemy, Paladin, was her father. She had lead a band of mercenaries and left them to fight alone.

Not only that, but Tinek, the silver dragon who flew in her wake, was a tell-tale sign of her equine blood. Paladin had been paranoid, but Ophelia was not quite sure that the Basin was as welcoming as it proclaimed. Living among your kind was understandable, but was she their kind? Was the horn upon her brow enough? She and Deimos also had history from back when this herd used to live in the World's Edge, and she would never forget the feeling of her life leaking from her bones.

So many times, she had heard that "home was where the heart is", but her heart was broken, shattered. Pieces of it could be found in the lives of everyone who broke her heart. She belonged no where.

-----------------------------

Permission given to write in Torleik from redgod.
Anyone welcome!

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Those are new - by Ophelia - 11-07-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Those are new - by Sialia - 11-07-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: Those are new - by Ophelia - 11-10-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Those are new - by Sialia - 11-10-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Those are new - by Torleik - 11-14-2014, 07:45 PM
RE: Those are new - by Ophelia - 11-16-2014, 11:42 AM
RE: Those are new - by Sialia - 11-24-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Those are new - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 10:05 PM